Gun works rifles

Had the good fortune to spend some time with Aaron (and Thomas the Norwegian from the THLR.NO YouTube channel, check out this is from the hunt/course I was on). The Gunwerks staff is full of people who love hunting and shooting and Aaron has a passion for innovation and elegant solutions. Great group of people including the students at that course, none of whom was an attorney. Bunch of hardworking people, many retired or near retirement who are able to afford a Gunwerks rifle and course.

Thanks for taking the time for the write-up and perspective. My experience with Aaron and Mike left me with similar impressions.

Would love to hear your experience with the Nexus when you get some mileage on it. Been considering one myself...

I'll have to admit, I'm biased as well. I've had nothing but great experiences with Gunwerks. I bought a Magnus chambered in 300 RUM a few years back, but my medical residency and fellowship really didn't allow of ton of free time to get out and shoot as much as I would have liked. Cleveland also doesn't offer many ranges to really stretch its legs out. The rifle shot very well but my interests in cartridges changed over that time as well. Long story short, Gunwerks took my rifle in on consignment, sold it for a great price and within a few months of ordering a 7 SAUM, I had a brand new magnus ready to roll for my elk hunt last fall. I only paid $600 dollars to basically upgrade to a new rifle and Leupold Mark 5HD.

They are definitely a stand up company and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a rifle from them again.

1C1FE825-7373-4EF4-8981-B1C1ACADFD58.jpeg

I'll have to admit, I'm biased as well. I've had nothing but great experiences with Gunwerks. I bought a Magnus chambered in 300 RUM a few years back, but my medical residency and fellowship really didn't allow of ton of free time to get out and shoot as much as I would have liked. Cleveland also doesn't offer many ranges to really stretch its legs out. The rifle shot very well but my interests in cartridges changed over that time as well. Long story short, Gunwerks took my rifle in on consignment, sold it for a great price and within a few months of ordering a 7 SAUM, I had a brand new magnus ready to roll for my elk hunt last fall. I only paid $600 dollars to basically upgrade to a new rifle and Leupold Mark 5HD.

They are definitely a stand up company and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a rifle from them again.

View attachment 446018
Ooh, how do you like that 5-25? I waffled but decided the 3.6-18 was a better fit for me.

Very Nice !!
What barrel length is your SAUM, 18". ?

Last edited:
Obviously there are different schools of thought on the question "are Gunwerks rifles worth it"? I seriously considered going the Gunwerks route a couple of years ago. I just ran the math and determined that it was not worth it to me. As many have mentioned you can have a top GS build a rifle with top end components for a significant $$ savings. Spend your $$$ the way you want. I like working with a GS that I trust and develop a relationship. I also like saving $$ to spend on my next project.

Is that the GW 8ight suppressor? Your thoughts on it?

Yep, that is the 8ight suppressor - I'm a big fan of it. I've shot it alongside my dad's TBAC Ultra 7 and feel like it's on par as far as sound suppression. I think the only downside would be the weight of it (since I have the steel version). I would definitely buy again, although now I'd go with the new Ti version.

Definitely not going to claim they are the best suppressor on the market, but I've been very happy with my purchase.

Yep, that is the 8ight suppressor - I'm a big fan of it. I've shot it alongside my dad's TBAC Ultra 7 and feel like it's on par as far as sound suppression. I think the only downside would be the weight of it (since I have the steel version). I would definitely buy again, although now I'd go with the new Ti version.

Definitely not going to claim they are the best suppressor on the market, but I've been very happy with my purchase.
Fair review. Like you said, I think the Ti version would be a great back-country option.