Gun works rifles

If you buy a factory rifle then order the scope and rings and base you wont to use drop in a new triger you ordered online and added a suppressor or brake. you have a custom rifle built to your specs. with out all the hype.
And it might or might not shoot to your expectations. Not a choice or substitute for a quality build.

And it might or might not shoot to your expectations. Not a choice or substitute for a quality build.
Not sure if GW will build another one of these but this is what I purchased from them. Oh and it looks pretty custom to me.

GW Verdict LR1500 300 NM Pro Build
Stiller Tac Driver 700 clone Action
Bartlein MTU 26" partial fluted 5R SS tube
APA Gen 3 brake
GW Verdict fully adjustable stock w/ ARCA rail
Night Vision Top/side rail
Topped with:
Kahles 525i MOAH with custom turret
ARC M-Brace rings
MDT Cyke-Pod
Revic BR4 data installed
200 Rds 230g A-Tip ammo with load data for 3 other loads
GW hard case for all

You're paying for a couple of things here that you're not necessarily paying for with a custom rifle through a mom and pop rifle builder shop. You're paying for state of the art RandD and you're paying for the service you get with the company on the front and back end. Sure you could buy a custom rifle for 5k that's similar in function to a gunwerks rifle but then you're gunna do load development, drop data ect. This is more of a plug and play solution for those that have more money than time or if someone just doesn't wanna reload and do all the requirements to take a rifle and turn it into a long range capable system.

If you buy a factory rifle then order the scope and rings and base you wont to use drop in a new triger you ordered online and added a suppressor or brake. you have a custom rifle built to your specs. with out all the hype.
I would consider that a customized rifle but not a custom rifle. In my opinion, but we all know what opinions are like, we all have one

Not sure if GW will build another one of these but this is what I purchased from them. Oh and it looks pretty custom to me.

GW Verdict LR1500 300 NM Pro Build
Stiller Tac Driver 700 clone Action
Bartlein MTU 26" partial fluted 5R SS tube
APA Gen 3 brake
GW Verdict fully adjustable stock w/ ARCA rail
Night Vision Top/side rail
Topped with:
Kahles 525i MOAH with custom turret
ARC M-Brace rings
MDT Cyke-Pod
Revic BR4 data installed
200 Rds 230g A-Tip ammo with load data for 3 other loads
GW hard case for all
That fits the definition of custom since it's a definite combination of outside components put together just like any other custom. Their own standard builds would be considered "customizable" since you can build your rifle your way with various options from their components. BTW - that looks like some nice kit. How does she shoot?

You'll typically get more money in a GW than a do-it-yourself qualilty gunsmith job overall. They represent much more than gunsmithing, and this component alone adds cost. It's surely not for everyone, but I don't go for the bashing comparisons made.
"Putting others down doesn't show your strength. It's picking others up that does." 🤠

I've always figured the GW cost is due to the fact that they are a 1 stop shop. They design / manufacture their own parts and don't outsource much. This development / manufacturing increases overhead and that's reflected in the cost of their "systems".

if u have no skills and no reloading experience they are 4 u otherwise buy off the shelf and find ur own handload and save a boat load
Load development is costly. I've only been reloading for about 12 years and have well over a 150K in my reload room. Bullets, Powder competion dies, case prep, lathe, conventional and arbor presses, pressure trace setup, AMP annealing, LabRadar etc etc. Quick Load has dramatically helped cut down on the ladder process but all that does is cut down on the overall amount of time for the development. Being OCD helps but doesn't mean any load will work if done right. My experience has shown me that a company like Gunwerks and their R&D will help me get there sooner than later with the amount of time I have available.

Load development is costly. I've only been reloading for about 12 years and have well over a 150K in my reload room. Bullets, Powder competion dies, case prep, lathe, conventional and arbor presses, pressure trace setup, AMP annealing, LabRadar etc etc. Quick Load has dramatically helped cut down on the ladder process but all that does is cut down on the overall amount of time for the development. Being OCD helps but doesn't mean any load will work if done right. My experience has shown me that a company like Gunwerks and their R&D will help me get there sooner than later with the amount of time I have available.

You have to post some pics of this reloading room. Really would like to see it.

I'd like to respond to those who think Gunwerks rifles are overpriced, and owned by reckless novices with more money than brains or shooting ability.

I did a lot of research before I ordered my Gunwerks. Not my first rifle, didn't have my secretary (don't have one) order it for me. Been shooting since my grandpa taught me as a kid. Spent most of my childhood running around his farm with my 22 shooting prairie chickens. Have had a Kimber LPT (tack driver), Remington 700, Weatherby Vanguard, 3 or 4 tikkas and a fierce in the last 15 years since I've gotten into hunting and long range shooting.

My brother in law has a full custom 280AI built on a Weatherby Mark 5 as well as a custom 257Wby and a 300 Wby. 280 ejects properly only when gently cycled, otherwise get a double feed. Lightweight, accurate, handles great. In fact, all shoot great, easily sub moa but despite multiple trips to the local gunsmith could not get ejection problems fixed. Not sure he's ever been able to get it working properly. He loves that rifle, but it's almost a single shot since you can't count on a quick second shot. I've shot them all as well as other customs at the range. My brother in law reloads and has a full setup. I should say he used to reload but between the kids, family business, coaching sports and farming he doesn't have time anymore (neither do I). So, I could reload with him but it's a 2 hr drive each way from where I live in the city. I've decided it's not a good use of my shooting time.

So, when time allow I spend time working on marksmanship, field skills, and being outdoors rather than reloading and tinkering with my guns. In my free time I coach both my boys hockey teams, get them outside and into shooting and hunting as much as I can, and I work hard. I made the choice that rather than going down another rabbit hole with a custom or self-assembled custom rifle (which are great options) to spend money to get the most of my limited time m (I also work 60+ h per week). I spent 3 days (over 5 months) doing shooting with a retired master sniper last year before taking the Gunwerks course/hunt. I've done a lot of reading on long range shooting, long range hunting, and several books on reloading. I dry fire at home in my basement. I've been putting in the work, but still have a long way to go. Shooting skills are just so perishable.

I was leaning towards a Gunwerks rifle last year and jumped at the chance to do their combined course and hunt last year when a week unexpectedly opened up in my work schedule and my wife was going out of town with the kids. Never done a guided hunt before either - been self guiding for whitetail for the past 15 years with family and when we get drawn for moose, mule deer, and elk.

So, I was skeptical coming in but willing to be convinced. And, my experience with the rifles, the course, the hunt, and Gunwerks along the way was excellent. All 8 Gunwerks Magnus in 6.5 CM on the line with their Revic scope, their suppressor, and Hornady Factory ammo shot and functioned great. All of the hunters who brought their own Gunwerks guns to hunt with shot and functioned great. After 1.5 days of classroom and range sessions I was regularly making hits out to 1000 yds and tagged out the first evening we hunted with the furthest shot I've even made (and taken) when hunting. And, when I broke the shot, I had no doubt I made a good shot. Spotted my hit, cycled the bolt and got back on target to see 4 pronghorn legs in the air. Can never be sure you don't get failed expansion, a big gust of wind, a bad round etc. All very unlikely, but **it happens. Spent the next couple of days hanging around the ranch visiting with the other hunters and drinking beer before I headed home with all of my meat from the hunt. Had the good fortune to spend some time with Aaron (and Thomas the Norwegian from the THLR.NO YouTube channel, check out this is from the hunt/course I was on). The Gunwerks staff is full of people who love hunting and shooting and Aaron has a passion for innovation and elegant solutions. Great group of people including the students at that course, none of whom was an attorney. Bunch of hardworking people, many retired or near retirement who are able to afford a Gunwerks rifle and course. I had a great experience from beginning to end and am glad I made the investment. I handled a Nexus at the course and ordered one as soon as I got back home in 6.5 PRC with a 300 PRC barrel to use in the years I'm lucky enough to hunt elk or bigger. If all goes as expected, will sell my Fierce in 7mm RM and some other things to defray the expense. Hope to shoot the barrel out of this one hunting, at the range, and at practical shooting courses.

LONG reply, but as someone with firsthand experience who's spent lots of money and time going down false paths to learn to be a better hunter and long range shooter, I can tell you from first hand experience that their products are worth it. Only you can decide if it's worth it to you, but to say that a collection of great parts assembled by a hobbyist that may have tolerance stacking and not work well together for that or other reasons is as good or better as a rifle that has been designed, built and assembled to work great together and be reliably accurate is simply wrong. Gunwerks is what modern craftsmanship, research and development looks like. They build their own carbon wrapped barrels, stocks, actions and more and more of the entire rifle all the time. If that's not custom, I don't know what is. Having a gunsmith assemble parts you pick and deliver in a rifle doesn't strike me as as more custom. And the R&D, QC and validation Gunwerks does isn't free.

All in all, very happy with my decision and looking forward to delivery and my first range trip with my Nexus. Confident I'll be satisfied with my decision and purchase. Very excited, but then I'm excited about the Cricket 22 I just bought for my 5 and 8 year old to learn on - my 10/22 is just a bit too long for them.

Wrote this reply that turned into a **** essay to say that, in my firsthand experience, no, your factory or custom rifle is NOT better AND less expensive. You're going to put the time and money in somewhere to get a rifle that shoots two 7 shot sub MOA groups with ammo you can buy off the shelf for it. I've got a Tikka CTR in a KRG Bravo chassis in 6.5 CM that is my most accurate rifle at the moment. It won't do that. If you reload, tinker, troubleshoot and practice enough, yes, you can get there. But your time isn't free.

So, is a Gunwerx rifle worth it? IMO yes, absolutely. Did I think about getting a Fierce, Alterra, Proof, or a local gunsmith to build me one and getting into reloading? Yes, absolutely. And I'm sure sometime when I'm at the range someone will tell my their 'blank' rifle shoots just as good for a lot less. And I'll look at their new truck full of rifles, ammo, with a sled or ATV in the back and be perfectly happy with my decision. Hope you all are too. I'm no Gunwerks supporter and will post an update when I can, especially if there are problems and I need to reach out to Gunwerks. Appreciate your taking the time to read this.

PS. Apparently 'fan boy' is censored. Should say that instead of supporter. I AM a big supporter.

Last edited:
Dont post pics of your reloading room keep it private.
Posting cool pics would miss the mark. Point is, we all have choices and preferences. While some enjoy and have lots of time developing loads, others prefer to the ability to streamline the process. I personally like the option of having a company like GW's that can offer the novice shooter a jump start. Is it worth the cost, maybe, maybe not. In my humble opinion, I think so.