Best gun safe for these long range rifles

dgr416

I have a Browning gold 28 gun safe that I really like because it does not have the key pad lock .It has a key lock and a combination lock .The problem is that it's not too good for long range rifles with big scopes and longer barrels .I want another safe with the combination lock and key lock if possible .I have seen tons of the key pad fail and beak .I have to stay under $2000 to $800 .I need about a 23 to 28 gun safe because any bigger it's hard to handle .I know y'all know the best of the best on everything and I am out of the loop on safes too .I lucked up with that Browning gold fireside that I have got it used for $450.

I have a Browning gold 28 gun safe that I really like because it does not have the key pad lock .It has a key lock and a combination lock .The problem is that it's not too good for long range rifles with big scopes and longer barrels .I want another safe with the combination lock and key lock if possible .I have seen tons of the key pad fail and beak .I have to stay under $2000 to $800 .I need about a 23 to 28 gun safe because any bigger it's hard to handle .I know y'all know the best of the best on everything and I am out of the loop on safes too .I lucked up with that Browning gold fireside that I have got it used for $450.

You need to consider size, weight, and accessibility to where it is going to be located? A friend purchased a heavy-duty gun safe and ended up in his garage. Just something to think about.

That's why a 28 gun safe is my limit .If it's bigger the. That you need a forklift which would be nice on smaller safes too .I got show at a store that the eletronic locked ones could be opened with a master key which cost $5 turned me off to them fast .I hope I can find one soon nedd it bad !

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.