Best Gun safe?

I'm sorry, I didn't think we were arguing. The link I gave was a picture of an American 2000 series padlock like you were describing. I think the one with the Edge key looks just like that. There is also one that the key cylinder slides down when you turn the key where the one with the key hole on front like that, a spring loaded pin just pops down. Here is a link to the manufactures site. It shows both styles there.

Let me paraphrase. " I have no answer to your question. You need to shop around"

Best piece of advice I can give you is do LOTS of research. The
more you can educate yourself on how safes are constructed the better off you will be. When you start digging into how some of these things are made and all the smoke and mirror tricks they use to fluff up some of these things, it'll shock you how cheesy they are.

If you are looking for a decent size safe that is very secure and will be hard for someone to break into, be prepared to spend at least $3K and up. If you just want a safe that is mildly secure, there are lots of them out there for considerably less. Something else to consider, even the brands that make good quality secure safes have lower price point products so make sure you really study the specs and construction before you purchase one no matter what brand it is.

morning, browning 58gun safe, recording cameras and riot shotgun make

good security. do not tell anybody about ur safe, and where u keep!!!!

THK. U lightbulb:)gun)

I have just started doing research on this. Bottom line is most lower end gun safes like we see at Cabelas, Sportsman's, Coastal, etc are little better than a gun cabinet. Now here are several companies that make real safes, ones that will truly keep a burgled out and provide real fire protection, but they start at $4-5k in the larger sizes and go up considerably from there.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts