Pure Precision Stock with Carbon6 Barrel

bachk

Does anyone run a pure precision altitude stock with a carbon6 barrel? I have a featherweight contour in 280ai on order and I'm trying to figure out which contour to get. I already have a stockys cf stock but the workmanship is extremely poor, so it is being returned.

Does anyone run a pure precision altitude stock with a carbon6 barrel? I have a featherweight contour in 280ai on order and I'm trying to figure out which contour to get. I already have a stockys cf stock but the workmanship is extremely poor, so it is being returned.
I think I'd go with one of the stock makers that lets you dial in your action, barrel contour and bottom metal if you want a premium fit.
Grayboe
AG Composites
Manners
McMillan
etc

According to Pure's websight... Remington footprint models have channel offering in sporter, Bartlein 3b and sendero.
The 3b may be close but still may need fitting...otherwise sendero and it'll be slightly larger than your contour if you don't mind extra room around the barrel.

However, I did see where they'll custom cut a stock for your receiver/barrel combo.

I just looked at the pure precision website, omg!! I've never heard of them until now . I was about to order the stockys cf for my Oregon Mtn barrel 7 prc, you changed my mind. Why don't you like the stockys if I may ask

I've got ag, stocky's, and a couple of mpi. Both AG's needed to be sent back (one of them 3 times) for poor barrel channel contours, the one stocky is better than the AG, and the mpi suck. They're light but not anywhere near nice

So I have a few of this combo. Get the sendero barrel profile. Carbon 6 even on the light profile have a larger barrel contour. From the shank forewarn to about 2/3 up the barrel is larger then proof and preferred barrels. Mine has fit perfect with sendero.

Your the second person to say a stockys stock had poor quality. The first wrote for shooting times magazine. I would stay away from them. As for carbon six I have 4 barrels in varying contours. The sendaro is pretty sweet but the featherweight is nice and light if that is what you are looking for. All shoot great. They use mcgowan blanks, chamber and wrap them under tension.

Yep go with the Sendero barrel channel and you will be good. I have run this combo on a couple rifles.

Attachments

• IMG_4777.jpeg
    IMG_4777.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2941.jpeg
    IMG_2941.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 47
I just looked at the pure precision website, omg!! I've never heard of them until now . I was about to order the stockys cf for my Oregon Mtn barrel 7 prc, you changed my mind. Why don't you like the stockys if I may ask
The stock is light and sturdy. However the fit is off and the rear of the action is not flush with the stock. The bottom metal does not fit flush with the stock. The inletting around the magwell is uneven and there is even a chip out of the interior of the stock. Paint is missing around where the safety sits. It's definitely not a true drop in and would need quite a bit of work to function properly. I'm surprised it would make it through QC.

Pure Precision formerly know as Mesa Precison, great stock. When I ordered mine I put the contour of my OMR Remage barrel in the comments and they matched it perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_7490.jpeg
    IMG_7490.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7493.jpeg
    IMG_7493.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 34