Plrf10

will these read in yards too ? or I should say, display in yards ?

Oh yes! easy to cahange too. plus it will read angles, you can light up a little square around the reticle for low light conditions too. It will even range 3 objects in your path at one time too and display 3 readings at once. But I haven't used that option and leave it off. Very short manual and easy to operate.

Jeff

Not certain of the rifle but here's a try.

Just pasted "direct link" from the pic hosting site to the "insert image" window.

oops, pic is way too large...... Deleted it.

Went back to get a pic w/the PLRF in in and link was gone......

Ok It's the link is back. PIc is still too large.....

See below for more appropriately sized image that even shows the LRF.

Last edited:
This is from the Vectronix PLRF 10 site, just in case you get caught in the rain, I think you will be ok. I got caught in the rain with mine today while shooting prairie dogs. In moderate rain I was able to range to about 2000 yards, maybe further but I only tried a few bushes.

Jeff

pic49.jpg

Not certain of the rifle but here's a try.

Just pasted "direct link" from the pic hosting site to the "insert image" window.

oops, pic is way too large...... Deleted it.

Went back to get a pic w/the PLRF in and link was gone......

Ok. It's the link is back. Pic is still too large.....

Roy,
You just posted the mother of all pictures. :D

This pic is a good fit with your 375 AM... Nuttin but the biggest!

Last edited:
Phorwath and Tyler,

Ya motivated me to put a little effort into it and reduce the size. That sucker was 54" x 36" and something like 400 megabytes.

Here ya go.

riflerangefinder002.jpg

Phorwath and Tyler,

Ya motivated me to put a little effort into it and reduce the size. That sucker was 54" x 36" and something like 400 megabytes.

Here ya go.

Soooo much better. I about wore my poor mouse out scrolling over to the end of that earlier pic. Nice look'in rifle there now that I can see it all at the same time! :)

How long before that APS 375 AM is available for photos & throwing lead downrange?

Last edited:
Broz I am going on 23 months this month next month will be 2 years for my 338AM but something tells me after reading all these posts on others rifles it will be well worth the wait. Since my 338 lapua shoots so well I plan on after I shoot the 338AM out rebarrel it to a 375AM since I hear such great things about it.gun)

Broz I am going on 23 months this month next month will be 2 years for my 338AM but something tells me after reading all these posts on others rifles it will be well worth the wait. Since my 338 lapua shoots so well I plan on after I shoot the 338AM out rebarrel it to a 375AM since I hear such great things about it.gun)

Hopefully Roy has taken his meds before seeing this! Dang, two years, I would nominate you for saint hood wolffman, I couldn't take it!! We haven't seen much from Kirby, I bet he has been cranking it!!

Ya he has been really busy and even though he is so busy he still responds to my emails. I have to give him praise for putting up with my emails and I know without a doubt when the rifle is in front of me and I am pulling the trigger it will be well worth it :D

Yep, 15 months and counting.

August would have been the month that I could have used it. There is an early hunt (aug 1) on the sage brush desert about an hours drive from here. If I had it I wooda used it. But shooting an elk towards the end of a near 90* day (its 81 right now:rolleyes:) isn't my idea of fun.

Tomorrow a younger member here and I are going to the mountains to do some drop chart development on his Win Featherweight '06. Its a 20 year old rifle inherited from his grandfather. The sucker shoots 1/2 MOA @ 200 w/factory fodder and at least that good or better w/Berger 175s. That kind of thing irks my nerves.

Gonna do the drop chart thing with the 338 RUM and Berger Hybrids. If I get real excited I may get me a bull tag for the hunt across the river.:)

This fella is gonna be a great LRH shooter. He's gearing up for something to reach out and touch. I have the stock off of the 270 AM (doing a complete exterior overhaul. I learning about pre primer/paint preparation. Sanding sucks!) or I let him shoot it tomorrow. As it is the 338 RUM should give him a little experience:))

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.