Plrf10

wolffman

I just got a PLRF10 in mail from LRH member Broz and I just wanted to say its awesome! It ranged a Lowes Store thru a glass window at 652 yards which is a chip shot from what I hear. Also Broz is an awesome standup guy and I would recommend doing business with him to anyone.

Wolffman, Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure to deal with you as well.

Wait till you get that baby out side and unleash it. Yesterday after noon I was at a lake side cook out with one of my hunting buddies. I showed him mine and told him to take it for a test drive. Bright sun, clear skies, he ranges a small bush at 1350 and says "WOW!" .... I said, see thst 6' bush across the lake? Try it... He laughed and leaned against my truck and shot the bush, 2678 yards. I said hit it again, he did and it said 2680 yards. Not bad for off hand ranging. If we were on sand bags with it it would repeat number every time.:D

Awesome units!!!

Jeff gun)gun)

What's the definition of a 'Plrf10'? If I don't know what that acronym represents, there must be others that don't have a clue also...

What do these range finders go for? I've found it almost impossible to find a price online.

Scott

Scott, They ain't cheep by any measure. New ones are $4,000.00 and they do not build it till you order it. They are built in Switzerland. Estimated delivery time is 6 plus weeks.

I was searching for a used one and got lucky. I found a guy that had a few, and I bought them. I sold off my Swaro and some other things, I was not using, to fund mine. Best move I have ever made. Beam divergence is the smallest I have seen .3 x 1.5 mrad. This is a real rangefinder with no excuses.

Jeff gun)gun)

Last edited:
What's the definition of a 'Plrf10'? If I don't know what that acronym represents, there must be others that don't have a clue also...

Pocket Laser Range Finder......

The Vectronix PLRF is a laser range finder, pure and simple! It measures
the distance to terrain features and objects, with an accuracy of 2 m, from
a minimum of 5 m out to about 2 km. Small enough to fit into a uniform
pocket, the PLRF is water-proof and functions reliably in harsh
environments, from steamy jungles to icy mountains. Easy to operate
using just one hand, it is ideal for the clutter of the urban terrain. The
PLRF Pocket Laser Range Finder exists in two versions, PLRF10 or PLRF15.
The difference between the two lies in their laser diodes, beam
divergence, and the fact that the 1550 nm wavelength of the PLRF15 is
invisible to current image intensification devices. Both versions have the
same black aluminium housing covered by a removable, shock-absorbing
rubber, and the 6 × optics with a black, graduated reticle.

http://www.vectronix.us/#/us/products/handhelds/small_lightweight/plrf10

link added

Last edited:
Yes, the PLFR 15 has a larger beam and has a 500 meter longer max distance. But I have ranged to 2990 yards in bright sun with the smaller beamed PLRF 10. The smaller beam is what I want. I was ranging black cows at just over a mile in bright sun and could hit every one of them. I have ranged an antelope on flat ground to 1350 and could raise it over his back into space and get nothing then lower it to just below his back bone and hit him again. So I know I am ranging the game, not the ground or a near by bush. My search for a good RF is over.

Jeff gun)gun)

Last edited:
gun001.jpg

Sorry about last post I was attempting to post pics and I figured it out just copy link and paste in new window.
On my way home yesterday I stopped and ranged a small barn at 2474 yards twice! My search for the perfect rangefinder is over thanks to Broz :). This is my Surgeon Remedy 338 Lapua and it is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot, also in the pic is the PLRF10. I should have a 338AM coming pretty quick and I can't wait to test the distance with it.
So far the farthest I have shot the Lapua is 925 but have a new place to shoot that should give me close to 1500 so I can't wait to gun)

gun002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.