WOOOHOOO. Vectronix PLRF10!!

Man they are great arent they?! I got my hands on Todd Hodnetts this past Oct and was hitting hill sides out to 3000! His was a military only version that he had from Sweden and it had some options that are not to be spoken of but just know they were neetooooo!!!! Got to shoot his 338 Norma at a far click too. The PLRF gave us perfect ranges at all distances. Great piece of hardware!

i really need to get out with it. farthest i can range from my house is 1100 yds to some trees, and the swaro can keep up with it no problem.

i need to get this out in the flats or over 2k to see what it's capable of. i'll post more as i get some more time with it.

Yeah, I have been completely buried with work and kid stuff. Of course, it's a little tougher to really test one of these here in Illinois than you guys out west (read underlying jelousy:)).

I hope to get out this weekend.

i've had some time to play with the plrf 10. problem is it's been in the mountains where you are ranging steep hillsides. steep hillsides have never really been a problem for my swaro out to 1900-2000yds.

I ranged out to 2700-2800 yds so far with the PLRF. I do think it will shine in the flats as far as being able to pick out smaller objects. I could aim at the tip of a tree on a ridge that was skylined around 1k yards and pick it up with the PLRF, and then aim just over and miss it. the swaro was pretty hit and miss when i started doing tests like that.

i still feel that the small beam divergence is going to be the ticket on the flat ground, but i just haven't confirmed it.

so far, so good, but i'll post more as i get some more time with it.

lovdasnow, did you have a persons name at PRG that you dealt with? And did you buy through a military or government agency? I need to order another PLRF10 for a friend

Thanks
Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.