Peterson Brass

Yeah you get what I'm saying. The number of all the rpms in the world has got to be lower than what's already been sold of the 6.8. Maybe since the 284 parent is so sought after by some they just see that as their opportunity, or just weatherbys in general. If brass is troubling for you avoid the SAUM, I got really lucky with my build and it's amazing to play with but we've been at 1 dump a year that goes fast, and with the 7 prc having landed I bet even that gets cut. Lots of people were building longer saums and variants so that's a big chunk out of their motivation. Maybe not, I dunno. Id consider necking up a 6.5 prc next barrel if things get worse, and the 7-300wsm is a dandy if you can deal with the length. Also though, a 27 saum would be interesting.

At any rate I hope Peterson keeps growing, more competition, more quality stuff.

Friend that is a bananas number of 270s. I bet I haven't seen that many 270s. Nevermind the cases. How do you keep them straight for each gun?

I agree that 6.8W is clearly more popular with more rifles out there then a lot of stuff Peterson already loads for. There are plenty of rifles, factory ammo , and bullet options available in 6.8. There is no brass as Winchester has no problem selling all the ammo they can make so none left over for componenrs. So, there is definitely an aftermarket there whether everybody picks it up or not. Win pushes it on a lot of the most popular deer hunting shows like Drury, Driven, erc. Browning in particular is very popular with that crowd so it is not going anywhere. I see buckmark logos on pick ups all over…. It is a robust market and fan base.

Lou

Simple, the Peterson Long brass is exactly that. The brass headspace is slightly longer, thereby minimizing excessive case stretch on first firing found with standard 300WM brass. In my Sendero 300WM, new Peterson Long is essentially what my set back is for fired brass. New brass from other manufacturers is quite a bit shorter on headspace measurements resulting in significant case stretch on first firing of up to 0.015 on different manufacturers. Huge brass life extender.
RIGHT ON!

I am happy to announce that Hammer Bullets is now a stocking dealer for Peterson Brass. In our opinion Peterson Brass is the best brass on the market. We have our initial order in and available for order on our website. So far we are just ordering in the 50 round ammo boxes. We will see how well it goes and then next order may start bringing in the bulk boxes of the most popular sellers. We are running the brass at minimum advertised price, which will be as good as it gets anywhere. Let me know what other cartridges you would like to see and we will do our best to get them in stock.

Only makes sense to have premium brass available with premium bullets. Here is what we have on hand now. https://hammerbullets.com/product-tag/peterson-brass/
7mm REM SAUM

I am happy to announce that Hammer Bullets is now a stocking dealer for Peterson Brass. In our opinion Peterson Brass is the best brass on the market. We have our initial order in and available for order on our website. So far we are just ordering in the 50 round ammo boxes. We will see how well it goes and then next order may start bringing in the bulk boxes of the most popular sellers. We are running the brass at minimum advertised price, which will be as good as it gets anywhere. Let me know what other cartridges you would like to see and we will do our best to get them in stock.

Only makes sense to have premium brass available with premium bullets. Here is what we have on hand now. https://hammerbullets.com/product-tag/peterson-brass/
7 rem mag long!!

Being aware of what can be changed from one case to another is great way to do things. Take 30/06 case can be changed into several different case, and fairly easy too. So don't get stuck on one case, where others case can be made from other case. Sometimes there a cost saving in getting different brass an converting it to something else. Example: 300Win brass to 308NM brass.
Still would like to see 220 Swift cases come out. I think there a lot more using them than what other people think.

What I wanna figure out is if it'd be possible to "overwrite" existing headstamps to properly
Signify what the formed cartridge is actually intended for.

It's no big deal, but I form 358 Norma
Brass from 300 win mag. I've often had the thought it'd be nice to be able to restamp brass or at least "erase" the existing and no longer accurate headstamp

Also. I gather most here are in favor of perterson and fairly happy with it? In the past I heard it was good but also found some mixed feeling about it.
The First Run of, 6 XC, Peterson Brass, several Years ago ( us Old guys, Lose Track of Time, SORRY ! ) was "Off"( way, too Thick ) and really Spooked some, People.
I believe they made 30,000 of them and practically gave them away with, a Note to Use, much Less, Powder and Carefully, Work Up !.
Today, it's pretty much Known that, they are, a tiny Bit thicker and you should use, about, a 1/2 to, One full grain, Less Powder.
I like Peterson Brass and it seems to Compare "Well' with, Lapua Brass, in My 6.5 Creed. but, I probably settle for, 15- 20 FPS, Less Velocity

Last edited:
Been tossing around the idea of Peterson or ADG. Haven't heard anything bad about ADG but I've heard Peterson was good too and Peterson been coming out with more option's especially a few I run so just curious if I'd be regretting going with one over the other.

Been tossing around the idea of Peterson or ADG. Haven't heard anything bad about ADG but I've heard Peterson was good too and Peterson been coming out with more option's especially a few I run so just curious if I'd be regretting going with one over the other.
In my 300 win mag I've run lapua and Peterson. No difference as far as toughness that I can tell. The lapua is a bit. roomier inside. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other honestly.

No experience with adg. Have heard nothing but good things