Peterson brass

5.56×250

Just bought 100 6.5 lrp creedmoor brass to try out. Just curious as to results/likes/dislikes with this brass. So far, I havent got all my reloading stuff set up, so I wont have any results for a little while. Been out of the loop for 20 yrs on reloading. Used lapua brass before, but I have a bunch of large rifle primers and lapua, as I'm sure everyone that loads 6.5 creed knows, only offers srp brass for the creed.
Looking forward to reloading again. Always enjoyed the process.

I've tried Peterson brass in both my custom 6.5's. I couldn't get any where near the velocities out of the Peterson brass that I get with Lapua,Starline,or Hornady brass.
The Peterson brass has less capacity than the others,and pressure signs came pretty quick trying to work up loads.

I've tried Peterson brass in both my custom 6.5's. I couldn't get any where near the velocities out of the Peterson brass that I get with Lapua,Starline,or Hornady brass.
The Peterson brass has less capacity than the others,and pressure signs came pretty quick trying to work up loads.

Thanks for sharing, very good to know. I too have had my eye on Peterson brass for a while. Do the claims hold that it lasts as long as lapua for reload count? I get what your saying about less capacity, but how is it for softness/brittleness? I know in my 243 and 270 I've seen this with federal brass, it's good for consistency and accuracy but it's both softer and less spacious than Winchester, rem, hornady, and ppu.

Thanks for the replies all. Sounds like quality is good, but its thick, which probably means durability is better than some of the other brass out there. Also explains the importance of starting really light on charges and watching for pressure signs earlier than most brass.
All that lines up with the research I did before I bought it. Thanks for the honest opinions.
Please keep the results coming . Numbers would be helpful also, ie, what powders/bullets/primers you find has worked for you.
I'm gonna start with Berger 130 vlds on top of h4350 and rld16 , with cci br primers. Hopefully I can put something together with one of those combos that will give me some ragged holes in paper.

I had planned to shoot up some Norma golden target factory ammo I have and use the norma brass. My x caliber barrel broke in quickly, and the norma shoots so good , I think it would just be burning the barrel up uselessly to shoot that ammo up just for the brass. I will rathole that ammo for a rainy day. It shoots .5 and less for 5 shots at 100 yds. That's all the range I have right now .

I shoot 338LM Peterson Brass with nothing but amazing results. I can't imagine that in the smaller 6.5 cases that there would be so much difference in wall thickness that would reduce capacity that would make the Peterson brass have less FPS. I also shoot 308 win, I have about 500 pieces of the Peterson brass and compared to any other manufacturer I could never get to the case life like I do out of the Peterson.

Peterson cartridge is making several cartridges with small rifle primers in the Palma tradition.