Peterson Brass

What I wanna figure out is if it'd be possible to "overwrite" existing headstamps to properly
Signify what the formed cartridge is actually intended for.

It's no big deal, but I form 358 Norma
Brass from 300 win mag. I've often had the thought it'd be nice to be able to restamp brass or at least "erase" the existing and no longer accurate headstamp

I use different head stamps cases to note different 25/06's rifles. Like 25/06 my rifle, 270 my 1 sons rifle, and 30/06 for my other sons rifle. All are sized to 25/06 chambers.

I am happy to announce that Hammer Bullets is now a stocking dealer for Peterson Brass. In our opinion Peterson Brass is the best brass on the market. We have our initial order in and available for order on our website. So far we are just ordering in the 50 round ammo boxes. We will see how well it goes and then next order may start bringing in the bulk boxes of the most popular sellers. We are running the brass at minimum advertised price, which will be as good as it gets anywhere. Let me know what other cartridges you would like to see and we will do our best to get them in stock.

Only makes sense to have premium brass available with premium bullets. Here is what we have on hand now. https://hammerbullets.com/product-tag/peterson-brass/
Steve,

I wish I had seen you post earlier, ordered 100 Peterson cases for my 300 WM (50 regular and 50 long) for 82.50 per 50. Could have saved 10 bucks a box darn it!

Anyway, I am in complete agreement with your comments regarding the quality of this PA made brass. Great people to talk with too just like your outfit.

Based on your input, I switched from H4831sc to H4350 for the 174HH in my T3X in 300 WM. I found H4831sc to be at max load just to get to 3100; I had them pushing 3300 with H4350 with slight pressure signs. My go to load is 73.5 gr. @ 3250 with very low ES/SD and 1/2" at 200 yards when I do my part.

The one thing that I am not willing to give out on our bullets is the exact alloy. I can only assume that finding the alloy that did what they want was not easy and a big part of what sets them apart from others brass manufactures.
I was surprised when one of the guys at Peterson told me that after a lot of effort and expense they found the secret to their 300WM Long brass was adding .0012 to the shoulder.

If you are asking about the Peterson long 300 win mag brass the case is longer at the shoulder.

300 win mag being a belted cartridge is supposed to be head spaced off of the belt but most chambers are longer at the shoulder so when you fire the case it forms to the chamber often stretching a lot thinning the case above the belt.

Best way to load for the 300 win mag is off shoulder length and not the belt to reduce over working the brass.
The shoulder is 0012" longer than the standard version.

Been tossing around the idea of Peterson or ADG. Haven't heard anything bad about ADG but I've heard Peterson was good too and Peterson been coming out with more option's especially a few I run so just curious if I'd be regretting going with one over the other.
I've used ADG/Gunwerks, and Lapua in a lot of Calibers. Have always had good luck with them. I've been wanting to try Peterson brass but haven't yet. A buddy that I help reload with just bought some Peterson for his 300 Win Mag. I showed him the difference in a group with everything the same but one with Norma cases and other ADG cases from a 300 win mag. Even I was amazed. ADG thicker, hold less powder , more pressure. I'm sure had something to do with it. I Weighed all cases .

I checked into that about six months ago as well. I ended up buying 270 Weatherby from them and just running it through my 257 die
What brass are you finding/using for your 257 Weatherby? I found some Norma. Have seen Weatherby and Hornady. Anybody else make ? I've checked Peterson, ADG and Lapua. Just thought of, I doubt they carry it but should check GunWerks up the road here. Maybe they got some in 2022 ?

I compiled a list of brass that people have requested and sent it to Peterson. Some of it is brass that Peterson does not make. I called it the wish list. Here is the response that I got.

Wish list:

All the wsm's, particularly the 300wsm - this will be available later this year

6mm ARC - this will be exclusive through a Giessele for the first 3 years. They partnered in the projected and funded the caliber development.

7stw - I dont believe this will be made by us. likelihood is low.

6.5 SAUM - there is potential for this once we get the WSM fully developed. That being said, I dont see us doing it in the next few year.

22-250 - there is potential for this caliber. It would be limited but not in the next few years.

25-06 - there is potential for this caliber. It would be limited but not in the next few years.

223 -- I dont believe this will be made by us. likelihood is low.

30-378 -- I dont believe this will be made by us. likelihood is low.

220 swift -- I dont believe this will be made by us. likelihood is low.

6.8 Western - this has been discussed. we are waiting to see the industry show more support.
Steve,
See if you can twist their arm into making another run of 257 Weatherby 😉
Thanks.