Oregon mountain rifle company carbon fiber prefits

My personal experiences have always been great with Lee and Oregon Mountain Rifle. Ive personally brought in close to 40 barrels this year already, not prefits but blanks and have spun them up on various hunting rifles. Only issue i have ever ran into at all wasnt from his company but a mis labeled barrel from the blank manufacture as a 5 groove when it was a 4 groove. He instantly had me a 5 groove shipped and took care of the issue. Even offered to let me keep the 4 groove until a customer of mine ordered a 4 groove. If i have a custom order for a certain barrel i use then i have been able to send him my barrel to cut and wrap which have also been amazing.
I will say this about the industry right now.This lockdown stuff our gov in oregon has put on us has been brutal to our businesses. Accompany that with customer deadlines etc.. and no matter how cool our customers have been some have been known to call us 3 times a day and try and light fires under asses. Especially the closer it gets to hunting seasons and i just dont think that is a very good idea to do to the guy building basically a pipe bomb that launches projectiles :) Im not saying thats what happened by any means at all, im just saying i have seen alot of idle hands with the lockdown and that in turn has created alot of stir crazy customers that want things right now. Ive been semi lucky in that area as most of my clients know its going to be awhile before they get their rifle in their hands. Im sorry you had that experience but i think if you called and just spoke to him for a bit you would come to an agreement and have the rifle fixed up to your standards as well. As gunsmiths andrifle company owners we all want the best for our customers and for them to be the happiest that they can be and satisfied at the end of the day. This industry is too small to burn customers and everyone knows everyone. I would personally try to talk to him and rectify the situation at the end of the day were all human, mistakes get made, but its how you handle it that defines your character.
Just my .02

Brian
www.cuttingedgerifles.com
[email protected]

I dropped everything off at the beginning of January picked it up the end of March. Time wasn't the issue. It was the work that didn't get completed correctly. I have been in contact multiple times different story every time. I owned a business for 12 years this is not how customers service works. I grew up with his wife and her sister. I didn't get ****ed just wanted what I paid for to be done. I gave plenty of time and chances. Was polite never rude there was absolutely no reason not to make it right.

I had OMR rifle do a rem 700 upgrade on my 28nosler changing it to a 300 prc. Drove down dropped it off . Drove down on Saturday and picked it up like 2 weeks later.. looked great got home it would not even come close to closing the bolt with 225 eldm factory ammo. I text him around 9pm when I found that out just telling him to contact me in the morning . He text me back right away and was very helpful for asking question and said sorry and whatever it is we will fix it.. He said he would call Monday to talked about it witch was fine . He offered to drive the 2 hrs to get the rifle . I really appreciated that. But I said no. I dropped it off a few weekend later when I was around that area. He fixed it why I was there. He said he chambers a round to test before ever rifle goes out. I would say not on my rifle. but the way I figure it he was right on top of it trying to make it right . And if you do enough work stuff happens things get forgot and he handle and made fast work of the problem so since then I have bought his action and 3 more barrels from him . I'm happy with his work.

Here is my best group from yesterday's load development with my OMR prefit in 257 weatherby. I think this is acceptable.

I did notice I definitely needed a fouled bore to get better groups.

Attachments

• 20200704_082341.jpg
    20200704_082341.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
Wish I'd have seen this thread before wasting money on one of their poor quality barrels.
Absolutely the worst customer service I've experienced as well

General conversations and reading his posts on FB lead me to believe Lee doesn't know much about action/barrel fitment. Advertising shouldered prefits for actions that have poor headspace tolerances. Advertising remage on actions that have coned bolts, just not too smart.

Well I ended up canceling my order as something had come up, I believe it was some doc bills that surprised me. His customer service was good when I called to cancel and had not issues. But I can't speak to the actual barrels just the customer service side which was good in my experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.