Oregon mountain barrels carbon

I had one but sold it to free up some cash for another rifle. It was accurate and I liked it. After I got my next rifle going, I could not chamber any brass I used in the om barrel. It's almost like the chamber was bored to large. The resizing die will not bring them back spec. That was hornady and adg brass. I also waited twice as long as was told to get it. But it was pretty accurate

I have one 6.5 prc for a Tikka and it's great will buy another from them when I'm in the market..

They are building me a 7saum off a tikka 300wm. Originally said 8-10 weeks. I'm on week 15 and was told it's getting close. It sounds like it's taking a long time to get the components.

I have a barrel from them and I like it alot, and will have another one done soon. There were some issues that were not necessarily OMR or my fault, but the customer support has been top notch.

I would buy another barrel from them for sure assuming the new one shoots like I expect.

I have a barrel from them and I like it alot, and will have another one done soon. There were some issues that were not necessarily OMR or my fault, but the customer support has been top notch.

I would buy another barrel from them for sure assuming the new one shoots like I expect.

what were the issues?

The barrel twist was wrong. Since the barrels are pre-chambered when he gets them they don't have an end stamp to see the twist.

I have been very satisfied with his customer service and we have the problem fixed.

Neither he nor I manually checked the twist rate before I had it fitted.

As a side note, the original barrel shot really well with bullets that fit the actual twist rate, but it wasn't fast enough to shoot the 131gr Blackjacks or Hammers which is what I had the rifle built to do.

I would be surprised if the new one doesn't shoot very well also.

I have had about 10 prefits of Lee at OMR rifles and all have shot under 3/4moa with factory ammo and most around a 1/2moa and a few under that. Great barrels at least they have been for me
I like them because the price point is very good, and once I shoot out the first barrel, fitting the new ones is pretty easy since my Weatherby (Howa) is setup on the barrel nut system.

I know I will shoot the barrel out, so it is just time until i do since it is a fire breathing 257 weatherby.

I was putting together a 6.5 PRC on a Rem 700...
I purchased my first OMR carbon remage prefit barrel for a 6.5 PRC
(Thanks westcoasthunter)

Finally got the time to wring her out, with various powders and bullets.
They all shot well but, couldn't quite get the speed I was looking for.

3 weeks ago, shot some stellar groups w/N565 (multiple groups in the
.01's - .04's.
Took her out last weekend to re-verify, even though we had a little wind from right to left, I finally have a contender. I've only owned one of their barrels, but she's a shooter...

Attachments

• IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 216