Opinoin of Vortex Optics

Wait till you are looking thru them with 65 year old eyes and then give us an update. :)
I ain't got nothing to do with age if u got a problem with that aspect talk to Jesus all I know is there is different calibers or glass and a set of vortex viper binos shouldn't be ever, ever compared to swaro binos. Stevie Wonder can even see the difference in that comparison.

I ain't got nothing to do with age if u got a problem with that aspect talk to Jesus all I know is there is different calibers or glass and a set of vortex viper binos shouldn't be ever, ever compared to swaro binos. Stevie Wonder can even see the difference in that comparison.
You are going to think I am nuts - my buddy went into sportsmans to buy some new swaros. Saw the razor hd and ended up buying both with a promise from Sportsmans warehouse that he could return the pair he didn't want. The swaros got sent back to sportsmans and he is using the vortex razors. It wasn't a $$ issue - this guy has money to throw around, like lets play $1000 bucks a hole type of dude. He tested them on a couple hunts last fall and felt like the razor hd was better (shrug). To each their own I guess. I was shocked by his decision.

You are going to think I am nuts - my buddy went into sportsmans to buy some new swaros. Saw the razor hd and ended up buying both with a promise from Sportsmans warehouse that he could return the pair he didn't want. The swaros got sent back to sportsmans and he is using the vortex razors. It wasn't a $$ issue - this guy has money to throw around, like lets play $1000 bucks a hole type of dude. He tested them on a couple hunts last fall and felt like the razor hd was better (shrug). To each their own I guess. I was shocked by his decision.
Hey brother as long as he is happy. I would feel better with razor glass against swaro than viper glass.

At the point you get to their high end scopes your paying the same price for other higher end scopes but with lower quality glass IMHO. So at that point, I go NF, Swaro, S&B and several others before I would buy Vortex. I was also bitten by one of their lower end scopes, ruined a hunting trip but they did replace it. To quote Tommy Boy its a guaranteed piece of ****. But hey a lot of people swear by their higher end stuff, to each his own I guess. My brother did choose a Razor spotter over Swaro because of the price difference, he thought it couldn't be that much difference. He was wrong, a couple of seasons ago we had the chance to set them side by side in the field while watching a herd of elk at about 2 miles. The Razor wasn't even in the same class as the Swaro.

Spent some time behind razor binos and spotters and they are another level for sure than the viper line.
Vortex upped the quality of the viper hd line of binos and spotters in 2018 at about the same time they came out with Gen 2 razor binos and spotters. The gen 2 viper hd line is as good as the gen 1 razor stuff - This is what I was told by vortex, and looking at them side by side I agree. What they also told me, and what I was super bummed about is that both the viper hd and razor hd binos and spotters are no longer made in Japan, they moved their manufacturing to china.

That's great man all I am saying is don't compare them to alpha glass. There is a difference and I can see it instantly soon as I scoop them up and look. Like what u want u don't have to convince me, it's your money buy what u want and I will do the same!

The reason I own the Viper binocs is because I originally bought a pair of Nikons. Even I could see the edge distortion in the Nikons and sent them back for repair. Nikon sent them back, saying they met their standards. I went back to Scheels and they agreed with me, crediting the purchase price of the Nikons to the new Vipers. When I looked through the Swaros, I didn't see any edge distortion in them or my Vipers. So let me rephrase, in my experience Vipers are superior to Nikons.

The reason I own the Viper binocs is because I originally bought a pair of Nikons. Even I could see the edge distortion in the Nikons and sent them back for repair. Nikon sent them back, saying they met their standards. I went back to Scheels and they agreed with me, crediting the purchase price of the Nikons to the new Vipers. When I looked through the Swaros, I didn't see any edge distortion in them or my Vipers. So let me rephrase, in my experience Vipers are superior to Nikons.
That sir I will totally agree on for sure!

I only have a Razor HD Gen 1, but it is by far the best low light scope that I have ever had. Although, I have not had anything else over $2k. It tracks well and works as advertised. Maybe I lucked out, but I would love to have another one of the razor line scopes. However, I would not want anything less than the PST Gen 2 line. The cheaper ones that I have looked through seem to be low quality.

Excellent company, best warranty, **** good product with the Gen 2 line. Have one on my .338 lapua. Tracks perfectly. No issues. Precise corresponding to ballistics programs.

Have you had issues with AMGs? On places like the hide gen 2 razors seem to come highly recommended as absolute tanks and extremely reliable
My AMG and two others owned by shooters at our PRS matches had had to return them due to sticking turrets. Also seen tracking issues with the Gen 2's. While my AMG has worked fine since it was repaired, unfortunately I've lost my confidence in it. Too bad. The glass and reticle designs, IMO, are very good. I will say Vortex service is excellent with fast turnaround.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts