Are vortex optics worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few of my buddies are vortex guys not anymore when I killed a bull before dark they couldn't see😂😂 all in all not bad optic for its price but there is much better
Is this real in any way? I have never seen an optical condition where the brightness of an optic made invisible game visible during legal hunting time....standing by to get learned up!o_O

Is this real in any way? I have never seen an optical condition where the brightness of an optic made invisible game visible during legal hunting time....standing by to get learned up!o_O
It happen to me too, very early in the morning right before legal shooting, I could see a silhouette in the woods, it's was another hunter tucked behind a tree, though my Leica rangefinders. I could not see him with my diamondbacks. Even after a spotting him with the Leica it was very difficult cu see with the vortex binos.
Until you look though some good quality optics in low light you won't see the difference.

I would agree except I've looked through some and have not been overwhelmed by the differences. I do agree it makes a difference.

The Japanese factory, Light Optical Works makes scopes for other brands like Nightforce and Bushnell too.
Though correct, without additional information that is misleading.

Using the two brands you cited as examples, each brand can dictate their own specifications for Light Optical Works to manufacture to. So, Nightforce may specify more stringent requirements than Bushnell. Additionally, though components are manufactured by Light Optical Works, to varied specifications, that doesn't mean they necessarily assemble the components.

For example, the Nightforce NX8 series is manufactured in Japan (possibly by Light Optical Works) but the components are then shipped to Nightforce's HQ in Orofino, ID for final inspection and hand assembly. Again, the manufacturing specs could be more stringent than Bushnell. And Bushnell may have Light Optical Works perform assembly.

Light gathering and light transmission. Better optics = more light to the eye.

I have three Viper PST 5-25x50 SFP and 2 pairs of binoculars (Razor 12x50 and Kaibab 18x56). and I love them all. They track and I can see just fine for my hunting. I've also had a Razor 4.5-25-56. It was a great scope but it was so heavy I sold it.No problems with any of them.

I had the chance to peer through a Leupold Mark V monster at Bass Pro Shops recently. Don't remember the precise specs, but it was a $2000 scope. The salesman insisted that I have a look through a comparable Vortex model because, as he said, they are usually a couple / three hundred dollars less in that price range. There was really no comparison between the glass of the Leupold vs. the Vortex. Leupold was very crisp edge to edge while the Vortex was a little blurry around the perimeter of the field of view. My personal opinion, and everybody has one, is that the Vortex scopes are good value for your money in the lower end optics. But, I don't think there glass is up to the level of quality in Leupold's offerings at the higher end of the market. Of course, this is based on just the one shopping experience. But, the difference was that dramatic.
I'd be leery with a comparison like this. Store could find a "best of the best" and a "worst of the worst" to suit the brand they're pushing, especially an expensive one.

Hard time believing that since I've looked through just about all of them and own multiple including some of vortex higher end glass such as razor and amg and they are not as clear but you can think that

Hard time believing that since I've looked through just about all of them and own multiple including some of vortex higher end glass such as razor and amg and they are not as clear but you can think that
You don't have to believe it. I know the clarity of my scopes, and it's a fact, not a belief.

Your scopes are made same as the others in its class so like I said believe what you want lol
Facts aren't considered beliefs. Don't be mad just because you paid 4 times as much for a scope that does the same thing as mine. I didn't reply on here just to argue with someone that can't accept the truth. Good day to you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.