Vortex razor rifle scopes, are they worth it?

joebut1985

I have recently noticed that the vortex razor scope has gone on sale at euro optic for 1350. Is this a good price and is this scope a good scope? I was going to buy a nxs in the same power range but if this scope is comparable than I might be willing to give it a try.

just got one. Have 2 NXS's and I think the glass is as good as the nightforce. The turrets and clicks are better on the vortex for sure, much more "clunkie" first focal plane is sure nice. Reticle gets a little thick at 20x but not bad. I like the dial for the illuminated reticle. Unlike the NF you can change the brightness on the fly. They look heavier than the NF with the 35mm tube but they are hardly heavier than my 5.5x22's. I think for 1350 dollars you cant go wrong! Would I pay the orginal price of $2000...maybe.

Are they worth the sale price of $1350? Short answer, yes.

I have limited experience with the Gen 1 Razor but I find the eye box leaves room for improvement. After getting settled in, the optics are crisp & the reticle is good. They are repeatable, durable & offer a solid bang for the buck at $1350.

I'm still considering ordering one at the recent discount... would I pay $1800-$2000 for the Gen 1? Not a chance.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.