Are vortex optics worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao ok. Hate to tell you this but vortex won't do what a nightforce smitt and bender will do specifically on clarity. I mean I own a vortex amg and a razor they do not compare
Whatever you say. I could actu
Lmao ok. Hate to tell you this but vortex won't do what a nightforce smitt and bender will do specifically on clarity. I mean I own a vortex amg and a razor they do not compare
If you say so.

I can see just fine in low light conditions with all three of my Vortex scopes. Just as well as the $3,000.00 one's.

I love these kinds of comments. Usually tells me that the poster have never spent any meaningful time behind $3k optics vs the much lower priced brand they are comparing.

There is a point of diminishing return, but there is still a difference.

It may not be enough difference for the individual to
pay the extra $$. But to say that an $800 scope (hypothetically) is just as good as a $3,000 scope is disingenuous at best and foolish at worst.

I love these kinds of comments. Usually tells me that the poster have never spent any meaningful time behind $3k optics vs the much lower priced brand they are comparing.

There is a point of diminishing return, but there is still a difference.

It may not be enough difference for the individual to
pay the extra $$. But to say that an $800 scope (hypothetically) is just as good as a $3,000 scope is disingenuous at best and foolish at worst.
If you say so.

Though correct, without additional information that is misleading.

Using the two brands you cited as examples, each brand can dictate their own specifications for Light Optical Works to manufacture to. So, Nightforce may specify more stringent requirements than Bushnell. Additionally, though components are manufactured by Light Optical Works, to varied specifications, that doesn't mean they necessarily assemble the components.

For example, the Nightforce NX8 series is manufactured in Japan (possibly by Light Optical Works) but the components are then shipped to Nightforce's HQ in Orofino, ID for final inspection and hand assembly. Again, the manufacturing specs could be more stringent than Bushnell. And Bushnell may have Light Optical Works perform assembly.

I think you are missing my point, which most BRANDS don't manufacture.

I simply stated some facts. If facts are misleading, maybe it's the context that needs to be checked.

Anyhow, thanks for the input, and you are right QC is one of the reasons a Nightforce scope costs more than a similar Vortex scope. Not sure what your point is exactly?

I think you are missing my point, which most BRANDS don't manufacture.

I simply stated some facts. If facts are misleading, maybe it's the context that needs to be checked.

Anyhow, thanks for the input, and you are right QC is one of the reasons a Nightforce scope costs more than a similar Vortex scope. Not sure what your point is exactly?
No, I completely understood your post. And I didn't dispute your factual point. I was simply expanding on it to provide more detail to those that may not understand. That additional detail may matter to somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.