New vortex razor spotting scopes?

squeaker

Anyone have a chance to checkout the new spotting scopes???
Particularly interested in the 85mm compared to the older razor.
I've been wanting an 85 since I already have an older Leopoldo 60mm.
I also wish some of these guys doing scope reviews would figure out what a chip chart is to help with a real scientific review.

The reviews I've heard are the same glass quality as the previous razor, better ergos.

Buy a Swaro, Meopta, or Kowa.

Actually I have heard mixed reviews about the optics compared to the older model. I have heard it is the same, but I have also heard that it is better than the old version. I think if you read around on the internet you will see several reviews that state the optical clarity is better than the original, and the eyepiece is MUCH favored over the old one. That is what I have found. I have read everything I can find on the new razors, and I am more than likely ordering a new 85 angled tomorrow.

Ya I was thinking of going with the new also but probably won't buy for a while as I need to order a barrel n have it smithed. Optics planet offered me the new straight 85 mm at 1483 I think, angled should be the same price. I had to speak w customer service for that price. If heard the same about the eyepiece. Funny, the new angled is heavier but the new straight is lighter.

I've never been impressed by the Razor Spotter, had some time to do side by side comparisons on a hunt last year. Compared to my Swaro, it sucks.. Night and Day difference.

If you're on a budget look at the Meopta Meostar (NOT MEOPRO) and the Kowa Prominar.

Or get a used Swaro or Leica, life is too short to have a poor quality spotting scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.