Vortex optics??

was looking for a good scope in the 200-300 dollar range for my budget rifle I just got ,gonna be for hunting with it not shooting paper, I was gonna go with another nikon but everyone keeps talking about vortex so I ordered one , got a good deal also ,its a Vortex Diamondback 3.5x10x50 bdc , anybody else have one ? I couldnt find a bad review on it its going on a win coyote 300wsm ...what yall think ? prob wont be shooting past 350-400 with it ...I know its not a leupold or nightforce but what yall think about these vortex?​

All the Vortex scopes I have, and have used in the past have been Vipers. So I can't say much about the Diamond backs. But I can tell you I have never found a better scope for the price than a Vortex. I like them alot for the price.

Jeff

Woo Hoo!!!

I just found out my Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle that I had on backorder from Camera Land is being delivered today! :D

Oh, and I love Vortex Scopes. I was always a Leupold fanatic for 40 years and I only have Vortex scopes on my rifles now!

I have two Vipers and just ordered a third from Camera Land. All are 6.5x20x44 PA's. I realy like that scope. This one is going on a 280 Remington build.

I Sent my viper pa 6.5-20x44 in. It wasn't tracking back to zero correctly. It seem to go back to zero after a few shots. Should be back in a couple days. I sent it to them on 4/18, and just got a e-mail today that said it was on its way back allready. Hope they don't tell me there was nothing wrong with it. So far an excellent experience with costomer service.

i had 2 of the 6-20's, sent both back because they didn't repeat very well and they moved the poi about 10% more than they should have. traded the second for a 4-16 HS and am really happy with this scope. repeats great and all in all a great scope for the money. i've had to deal with their CS and it's been very good to me.

All the Vortex scopes I have, and have used in the past have been Vipers. So I can't say much about the Diamond backs. But I can tell you I have never found a better scope for the price than a Vortex. I like them alot for the price.

Jeff

Second this all the way. Very good scope, optics and repeatability with the 3 that I have. 2 of them are the 6.5-20's and one a 2-7. They have all been excellent and for the price mighty tough to beat.

I have a 4-12 Diamondback with BDC reticle on my AR. I love it. For the money, you cannot go wrong for the price. My elevation tracks perfect up to 12 MOA.

I seriously considered a Vortex recently, but ended up with a Leupold for one reason: eye relief. My uncalibrated eye could not find a notable clarity or brightness difference between the Vortex and Leupold, but I've grown accustom to plenty of distance between my face and the scope. I have a 243win that needs a scope upgrade soon...Vortex will be the solution in this case.

On another note, I did some binocular shopping lately and decided that I will be adding Vortex Diamondback 10x50 binos to my hunting equipment.

Hawke makes some nice mid priced bino's that compete with high end stuff but less cost. Their scopes aren't too good, but the bino's are worth a look.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.