Oh my surely not

tenor.gif

I sold my 270 to buy a 6.5 Creed, then I was told the 6.5 PRC was what the Creed should have been...sold the Creed. Now the 270 does what the other 2 do just as well with better availability. I'm so confused. Should I try and trade the PRC and get my 270 back? I wish I had never got that free subscription to ODL for Christmas last year.

I should probably lead off with this disclaimer: I thoroughly enjoy Ron's articles and find that he does an admirable job presenting clear facts and concise and honest writing. He tells you what he thinks, but he always allows you to have your own. I guess you could call me a Ron "supporter".

With that disclaimer out of the way, I think those criticizing Ron's article are kinda silly...and might be Creedmoor supporters? He lists a bunch of facts, says that the Creedmoor doesn't have too many objective advantages to it when compared to similar cartridges (but he also notes that it does have some advantages), and then says, "But you know what, it's great that we have so many options, and y'all should shoot what you like!", and then y'all crucify him and call him a Fudd. Sounds like a bunch of hurt feelings to me.

I go back and forth between old and boring and new and fancy. It mostly depends on who I'm reading. If someone says the 6.5 is the be all end all, I spend the next month with the 30-06. If someone says the 6.5 is a worthless fad, I spend time with the 6.5s.

I just like to be contrary :). So it'll be a lot of 30-06 this week.

Last edited:
I rate Spomer right up there with Boddington these days. The drivel they produce is so tired. If you can get close enough or run fast enough a 22 Hornet is all you need. If you're in the other spectrum a .50 BMG is all you need. Lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.