Oh god, not another caliber debate thread.

Im basically to the point of flipping a coin (28 nosler, and 7stw) when I get to the point of pulling the trigger on parts, and running it. I have do doubt I will swear up and down it was the right decision a few years down the road no matter what I do.

Im basically to the point of flipping a coin (28 nosler, and 7stw) when I get to the point of pulling the trigger on parts, and running it. I have do doubt I will swear up and down it was the right decision a few years down the road no matter what I do.

Look at the OAL of them with the bullet you want to shoot compared to the action you want to use...

I read bits and pieces of the thread but not all of it.

It's real hard to beat the 7RM IMO from a practical standpoint but it runs a little low on horse power if shooting the heavies.

I had a 7STW and didn't care for it due to the taper it required a lot of case trimming. But mostly, with heavy high BC bullets it was a magazine length issues and I was running a long mag. Not to mention brass is scarce and cost as much as Rem loaded ammo.

I was set to build a new rifle earlier this year until I found myself deep in the valley of life's peaks and valley's.

I was going to build a 28 Nos or 7mm APR. The APR is a very interesting version of the old 7mm-300WM. It has a 40 deg "AI" type improved shoulder and identical capacity to the Nos. Brass trimming should be one and done with availability excellent in many brands. Plus the APR doesn't require an Ultra mag action as does the Nos.

You should consider giving it a look.

http://www.aprifles.com/

You know this thread is scaring off potential buyers of my 7mm RUM "Package" I have listed here! LOL

I really expected RUM to hold its own against the STW with a longer...not sure how many would push the pressure up to 70k...wow that's a lot...

I don't know what wrong with them. I reamed a 28" barrel 7STW to 7RUM and picked up 25 feet per second! I saw a guy today on TV claim to be firing a 195 grainer from a 7RUM at 3,200 feet per second. Can an STW match that?

I don't know what wrong with them. I reamed a 28" barrel 7STW to 7RUM and picked up 25 feet per second! I saw a guy today on TV claim to be firing a 195 grainer from a 7RUM at 3,200 feet per second. Can an STW match that?
My 7 rum is running 3200 fps with a 195 but it is a AI and a 30 inch barrel, i also did it with a .949 bore rider to relieve pressure , and i am liking it

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts