GEEZ! ANOTHER SHERMAN THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined this forum back in 2008 and shortly after, I designed a 6.5 Sherman (for myself)
A few folks liked the performance and so I loaned the reamer. A couple years later, I saw a need for a true short action and the 6.5 SS was created "Bigngreen" helped with that one! People liked the performance, and I have enjoyed working with you guys. I built several different designs and posted on this forum often with results. Apparently, a lot of people liked it enough to where its grown beyond belief! When ADG picked me up, thanks to the request from MANY of you folks, things really took off and here we are today. I have always tried to treat everyone with kindness and respect, and tried to be as helpful as I could. I dont post as much anymore, but try to stay involved. Most of the Sherman threads are now created by clients. Now to the point of this thread:
Over the years, there have been a few people who have followed me around trying to cast doubt, question velocities, etc. As far as I know none of you have ever shot one!
These folks have probably been 1%, but maybe there are more? Probably is.
So.... here's what I suggest. My first choice would be to man up and call me to see if we can come to some understanding. My second choice would be for you to call Len and have me removed from the forum if he agrees. Another option is for you who try to cause problems, and post things behind my back, is for you to move on.That would be my last choice, because thats not me.
If I'm missing something here, I'll be happy to move on tomorrow. I feel blessed to have made so many friends here, but on the other hand, I dont want to be stumbling block either.....Rich
Hey brother you have enough people supporting you here and enjoying your creations and all the info you provide if you worry about the nay sayers you will drive yourself crazy don't do it

Ok, so I don't have a Sherman wildcat but I want to say they don't work. Now that I have said that can I get in on the deal for free reamer rental and brass/dies at cost?

before someone just reads the first bit and gets their panties in a bunch I am just joking. Rich I think what you have done with the Sherman wildcats is awesome without guys like you we would all still be shooting straight walled cartridges with black powder.

There are two ways to build the tallest building in town:

1. Work hard and build the tallest building in town.
2. Tear everyone else's building down then by default you'll have the tallest building in town.

Guess which one takes less intelligence and effort?

For a true short action cartridge, the 6.5SS and 7SS are pretty tall buildings. If you don't like or believe what his line of cartidges are capable of, build a taller building and stop trying to tear Rich's work down.

Haters always scream the loudest. The heavier the flack the closer to the target you are. I was going the 7ss route in late 17. I went to the local smith because my dad didn't want to do the work. After finding out the smith was a bs artist I went with a savage 10 in a 6.5 creed. I was very close and really like the designs. Until I stop working full time on boats I will have to pass. Once I just run 1 boat I will have at least 1long action and 1 short action. I built a 6.5/06ai and it has been sold. With a 27" barrel I still could not match his sherman using Rl26 and the 147eld and 150smk. 3120 was where it shot well and 3135-3145 it showed ejector swipes. The new owner is shooting 7977 at 100fps slower for the smk and 130ps slower with the eld. He likes the fact his load cleans up better and it shoots just as well accuracy wise. He tried this powder because he could buy it. H1000 and Rl26 have been hard to find locally

All I can say is Rich has been great! I have called him several times inquiring about a build and he has been very gracious with his time especially with some of my questions. lol

My 6.5 Sherman just got chambered and now off to get fluted. My smith asked about brass and I called Rich and he immediately sent me some brass. Now I have dies and some Norma 270 brass to play with. The nice thing is I asked him what I planned on doing and he told me what to expect for velocity.

Rich is a upstanding guy!

OBTW the internet is full of keyboard commando's

As I stated, this thread was to address a couple years of stuff and so a separate thread was necessary. Had it been meant for you personally, I would have directed it to you. Actually, I would like the same courtesy, now that you mention it! This is exactly what Im talking about, now that you directed me to your post. If you choose to be nauseated, I have no beef with that. That would be a good reason to pm me, call me, etc.
I'll give you free use of a reamer of your choice and provide dies and brass at cost if you're serious about wanting valid data?
You might even like the build🙂

Um.... can I get in on this deal? I'll build it, load it shoot it and post videos. 😁

As a relative newbie I must say since I've been around there are many threads with Sherman stuff in them. Someone else said it best, if you don't like X topic or Y cartridge don't read it (or mix in a Valium before you do). I like reading about them and do want to try em out. Time and budget will tell lol

I have also been a member and active participant on this forum since 2008. While I have not owned any of the Sherman wildcats, I have made it a point to read the many hundreds of posts over this time period that referenced them. Over this period there have been so many positive posts on the Sherman wildcats, with actual results and back up data from credible shooters, I have no doubt that the claims are truthful and viable. Rich has gone to extremes to explain the design, performance characteristics, and ease of making his wildcats available to any who wish purch them. I have personally learned quite a lot from Rich's posts over the years. Having just retired from running a global technology business, and spending the last several years dealing with the unfounded, negative commentary over the social media by all sorts of nefarious characters, I have found that some can be dealt with, but most simply need to be ignored. There motives are unknown and they are usually un-salvageable. Fortunately, the smart and most valued people will recognize this quickly, and see the value your product/company. My advise to Rich is to please stay on board and continue bringing innovative designs, and valuable inputs to the forum!

I think the biggest issue the "haters" have is when threads get derailed and become a Sherman thread...example, when someone starts a thread asking about 2-3 specific cartridges and within the first page a Sherman cartridge that isn't even the same bolt face is brought up and then the whole thread goes to the wayside.

The same can be said with the Creedmoor, Hammers, Berger's etc...it just seems to be much more common with the Sherman's since this site has so many "which gun" type of posts.

Been on the site for some time and I to appreciate the info from ones like Rich,Idaho CT,Kirby,etc.Thats what lead me to a 338 NM ten years ago after a article on this site by Mr Sloan. Alot said his design couldnt perform like it did,look where the 338 NM is now.These guys are what make the site great.

To the haters and crybabies you don't have to own a Sherman cartridge to be on the site or to be cool. These poor guys don't like the Sherman posts because they think with how often they are mentioned their buddies at the bar will make fun of them because they don't have one.

If you've got a disagreement with what I posted, feel free to reply on the thread. There's really no need to start another one.

I do not own a Sherman of any caliber. I probably would build one; however, I only own and only shoot Ruger 77s and the Ruger 77 action does not seem to be a good candidate action due to the shorter magazine box.

I'd like to say that if I had written that posting you referred to in your first reply to the OP, I certainly would not have "re-posted" it again. So.....I totally disagree with what you posted in a previous post as well as in this post!! I cannot speak for others, however I can state that I am here to get as much information about reloading, shooting, new products and new cartridges as possible. Postings, as with this one, and with your past posting comes across as negative, critical, and confrontational; and, to me only serves to prevent people from sharing their information with others. I have been a member since 2013, I respond and read many postings on a daily basis, I've never found any information that I would consider/suggest to be "over advertising" the Sherman cartridges as you have suggested in your posts!! From my experience with this forum, and as with other forums, there are a number of postings that I do not agree with; however, I've read them, don't agree with them and move on to something else. I don't make negative, confrontational or critical comments about the postings I move on!!

I have never met "elkaholic", would not know him if I bumped into him on the street but......have talked with him (Rich) on the telephone. From our conversations he has been very helpful, approachable, accommodating and generous with his time. Again I just do not believe that negative, critical and confrontational postings are really necessary on any forum; we're here to learn and to socialize with people who like shoot, reload, and have fun with firearms. And I also suspect that I will meet with some wrath due to disagreeing; but....hopefully we can agree that we can disagree.

And...................one last comment for "elkaholic" keep doing what you are/have been doing. I've worked in the public sector for my entire life, and.............you cannot please everyone!!

1584128322108.png

Status
Not open for further replies.