GEEZ! ANOTHER SHERMAN THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich has stated everything in his previous threads straightforward. Told you which powder he was using, what bullet and what velocity. I have two rifles built on Sherman cartridges, a 6.5 Sherman and a 7 MAX. There is always going to be something that affects velocity where you wont get the same velocities as another shooter with a rifle in the same cartridge. With my 7 MAX, I could push the 195 gr bergers up to 2950 fps but it wasn't accurate for my rifle there and was showing some signs of pressure for my rifle. Mine was more accurate at 2870 fps and I will take accuracy over speed any day.

There are always going to be some people that get on there and puff their chest out because...well...internet. I say let them have at it. Doesn't make one bit of difference and they will go away after a while of being ignored.

Gosh, I hate to see these kinds of posts. If someone doesn't care about a particular cartridge, move on to a thread you do like.

I have a safe bulging with rifles of standard chamberings and a couple of Shermans in s/a and l/a. I like them all, but it's not a coincidence the Shermans are on the front row.

Nobody forced me to own or promote any of them and I don't force anyone to use what I like. I doubt Rich has ever forced anyone to build on his chambers.

We have some really sharp members on this site, that share their knowledge and ideas with any that ask. I, for one, put Rich on my list as one we should never lose.

everyone...........
please dont assume that this thread is about Phoeniceltic and the thread he referenced. ITS NOT one post or one person!!
ex: I have had people post things like "he doesn't care if he hurts someone", etc.
The best way to handle things, IMO, is for members to self monitor and call people on
this kind of crap so it doesn't get out of control. I have no allusions that everyone needs to love Sherman anything! Just don't post garbage with malicious intent about ANYONE on the forum!

I built a 6.5 Sherman long action about 6 years ago. It does exactly what Rich said it would do. I know other guys get the same performance as me. 140 Berger's at 3339 FPS out of a 28" Hart. All that with great customer service and answering all my questions. I to hope Rich stays on the forum. Personally I enjoy reading up on all the new Sherman offerings. Just wish it was easier to access some of the components needed up here in Canada.

I don't have a Sherman chambering either. I also don't have March optics. I have not hit targets past 1000 yards. Things I have not tried, tools I have not used, concepts that have not occurred to me. That's why I come to this site and why People like Rich are important. People that say I wonder if...and then machine up and try it.
The critics have their place and facts need to be checked now as always. And now maybe more than always there are so many critics that have not an ounce of first hand data and critique solely on opinion or speculation. Don't let the ignorant and untried deter you Rich. And those that feel they have a grievance against, bring some true, first hand documentation. That is to say PUT UP or SHUT UP. If it is just a matter of Sherman or Creedmoor or whatever brand fatigue, as stated, just don't read the thread.

everyone...........
please dont assume that this thread is about Phoeniceltic and the thread he referenced. ITS NOT one post or one person!!
ex: I have had people post things like "he doesn't care if he hurts someone", etc.
The best way to handle things, IMO, is for members to self monitor and call people on
this kind of crap so it doesn't get out of control. I have no allusions that everyone needs to love Sherman anything! Just don't post garbage with malicious intent about ANYONE on the forum!

I wasn't talking about Phoeniceltic. I don't see any issue with what he posted. I havn't seen anyone post anything about how you don't care if you hurt someone either but I may have them on ignore so I don't see their posts which means they have posted previous dumb stuff. If someone isn't smart enough to realize when they have pressure in their loads, then they probably shouldn't be reloading. I have found the pressure limits on both of my Sherman rifles and then find the accuracy nodes below that. Havn't found Rich's chamberings to be dangerous at all.

......everyone...........please dont assume that this thread is about Phoeniceltic and the thread he referenced. ITS NOT one post or one person!!........

Never crossed my mind it was Phoeniceltic or a single person. I did read his post as he provided a link.

Just as folks are irritated by threads creeping by supporters of any brand, there is the equivalent creep by folks bringing a negative comment about a product that isn't pertinent to the OP.

There have been more than a few of these of late, and not only are they inaccurate, they're unnecessary.

Discussion such as Vortex vs Leupold is a bit abstract, with small companies, its bound to feel more personal.

To all the haters out there ... Maybe I am too PRO 1A but where do you expect shooters to discuss what cartridge they like or what sort of work they have been doing or performance they are seeing? Is this not a forum for similar like minded individuals to exchange that sort of info? By all means you are entitled to your opinion [but not at the expense of the rest of us] that are interested.

In my opinion some of what I am reading sounds very much like a form of censorship and group think and what occurs daily in the news outlets. "Hey you can't talk about this unless I say so"... or "these cartridges do not fit my "PC" cartridge list so DO NOT talk about them" My gosh folks really?

Try saying out loud in the mirror "ok self I will not be a hater today - I'm better than that"

p.s. I do not own a Sherman cartridge but do own a several other wildcat stuff because like someone said and I will paraphrase poorly ... you can have a 68 Vette or a 2020 Vette and they both rock - if that is your flavor.

ok gotta go and prep some brass for my 30-375 Ruger, no my 338-300RUM no my 358/06 lol

Last edited:
I've seen a few posts jack a thread in relation to different things. Including someone saying you should try a Sherman of some flavor. Usually it seems like it is a new guy. Probably just read up on whatever flavor he posts about and is enthusiastic about it. Doesn't realize most of the people on this board have read about them already. And I really like some of Rich's offerings and don't see the need for others. But I don't see where more choice is going to hurt the hunting community.

Heck I kind of jacked a thread last night talking about Pro's new Razor line of cartridges. So I'm as guilty as anyone. Haters are going to hate, leg humpers are going to hump, and threads are going to get jacked everyday.

PS my second Sherman should be finished next week it looks like. My first was kind of a test to see if I liked it. Basically actually testing for myself and not believing everything I read on the net whether positive or negative about a product.

by
I wasn't talking about Phoeniceltic. I don't see any issue with what he posted. I havn't seen anyone post anything about how you don't care if you hurt someone either but I may have them on ignore so I don't see their posts which means they have posted previous dumb stuff. If someone isn't smart enough to realize when they have pressure in their loads, then they probably shouldn't be reloading. I have found the pressure limits on both of my Sherman rifles and then find the accuracy nodes below that. Havn't found Rich's chamberings to be dangerous at all.
I know you weren't singling him out. My comment was just so everyone would know that I wasn't either. Actually, this isn't just about Sherman stuff! Its a general statement that should apply to ALL posting!
It was as much stuff on facebook as here and I just thought it was time to be addressed! I have a tendency to be too easy going and then blow up when I've had too much, so this is more of a preemptive Strike🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.