Official Hammer bullets Terminal Performance (picture heavy)

So heres an update to my earlier post #401. Cutting the deer up today we recovered the bullet base. So the two holes that are seen exiting the ribs are petals and the base drove through in a straight line from the tip of the shoulder and drove through the deer literally lengthwise and stopped in the rear ham. That is incredible penetration from a 35gr bullet. Any doubt I had on using light weight hammers where deep penetration is required has been erased.
BD1D8CBB-3998-4704-B847-DF13ABD73099.jpeg

So heres an update to my earlier post #401. Cutting the deer up today we recovered the bullet base. So the two holes that are seen exiting the ribs are petals and the base drove through in a straight line from the tip of the shoulder and drove through the deer literally lengthwise and stopped in the rear ham. That is incredible penetration from a 35gr bullet. Any doubt I had on using light weight hammers where deep penetration is required has been erased.
That's good stuff. 👍 Couple questions:
1) Impact velocity?
2) Total penetration in inches for the base?

That's good stuff. 👍 Couple questions:
1) Impact velocity?
2) Total penetration in inches for the base?
Per the ballistic calculations 2800 which sounds low but then again it is a very low bc. Total penetration would be roughly 36" give or take. I didn't have a chance to measure with a tape measure.

Mature Red Stag
70 Yards
28 Nosler
169 HH @ 3200 FPS

Bullet hit the tip of the shoulder and exited in the crease on the far shoulder, this is the entrance wound with the shoulder cut away, the exit wound was caliber size and the Stag was DRT.

IMG_1622.JPG

Mature Water Buffalo
80 Yards
28 Nosler
169 HH @ 3200 FPS

I shot the big Buffalo about 1/4 of the way up inline with the back part of his elbow with the 1st shot. He reacted to the shot and it appeared to break his shoulder, as he was running away I shot a 2nd time as he was quartering hitting him in the ribcage/lungs and 2 times at the back of him. He went about 50 yards and stopped not knowing he was dead and I shot him 2 more times in the same shoulder. Interestingly 1 of the shots as he was running away went in left glute, then exited and opening up the ribcage, then exited again just cutting a 3" gash in his front shoulder. No pics of the wounds but 2 of the bullets were recovered.

IMG_1728.JPG

Mature Russian Bore
100 Yards
28 Nosler
169 HH @ 3200 FPS

He was shot from a blind that was elevated about 15' a few inches behind the head, the bullet entered next to the spine with a caliber sized exit in front of the rear leg. The pic is of the entrance wound and the bore was DRT with massive blood loss.

IMG_1694.JPG

Mature Red Stag
70 Yards
28 Nosler
169 HH @ 3200 FPS

Bullet hit the tip of the shoulder and exited in the crease on the far shoulder, this is the entrance wound with the shoulder cut away, the exit wound was caliber size and the Stag was DRT.

View attachment 358731

Mature Water Buffalo
80 Yards
28 Nosler
169 HH @ 3200 FPS

I shot the big Buffalo about 1/4 of the way up inline with the back part of his elbow with the 1st shot. He reacted to the shot and it appeared to break his shoulder, as he was running away I shot a 2nd time as he was quartering hitting him in the ribcage/lungs and 2 times at the back of him. He went about 50 yards and stopped not knowing he was dead and I shot him 2 more times in the same shoulder. Interestingly 1 of the shots as he was running away went in left glute, then exited and opening up the ribcage, then exited again just cutting a 3" gash in his front shoulder. No pics of the wounds but 2 of the bullets were recovered.

View attachment 358733

Mature Russian Bore
100 Yards
28 Nosler
169 HH @ 3200 FPS

He was shot from a blind that was elevated about 15' a few inches behind the head, the bullet entered next to the spine with a caliber sized exit in front of the rear leg. The pic is of the entrance wound and the bore was DRT with massive blood loss.

View attachment 358734
Congratulations and awesome results.
Where was this hunt? Argentina??

Yes it was, it was a great time!
How was it getting your rifle into the country??? Where did you hunt?? La Pampa area or Patagonia??? The exchange rate of dollars to pesos is fantastic.
My wife is from Argentina (Mar Del Plata). We were down there for the holidays and I'm trying to get a hunt lined up for next year in the Patagonia region (Nuequen or Bailoche areas). Dealing with the government there is always a crap shoot, and I know bringing your own rifle has been a huge hassle.
Can I PM you and get some info on your outfitter and how your overall experience was??

How was it getting your rifle into the country??? Where did you hunt?? La Pampa area or Patagonia??? The exchange rate of dollars to pesos is fantastic.
My wife is from Argentina (Mar Del Plata). We were down there for the holidays and I'm trying to get a hunt lined up for next year in the Patagonia region (Nuequen or Bailoche areas). Dealing with the government there is always a crap shoot, and I know bringing your own rifle has been a huge hassle.
Can I PM you and get some info on your outfitter and how your overall experience was??
I paid for a guy to help with getting it into the country so it wasn't to bad, make sure you do the US customs export form before you go. Do the paperwork ahead of time, check in with the police at the airport, pay the $15 tax, go to customs and they check it and you sign a form and your in, the whole process takes about an hour and the reverse order to get out. Having a guy that knows the process and where to go was worth the $150.

We landed in Victorica and hunted about 50 KM from there. It was a great experience, feel free to PM me.

Recent Posts