Official Hammer bullets Terminal Performance (picture heavy)

I'll try the bullets i just got in a couple of days, if they shoot good, I'll load some up and kill a grizzly with them in a couple of weeks
Awesome bud. If'n I was after a man-eater critter, I'd feel better with a mag full of Hammers too. Just me. Anxious to hear how it goes, and wish you a safe and successful hunt. 👍

I'll try the bullets i just got in a couple of days, if they shoot good, I'll load some up and kill a grizzly with them in a couple of weeks
Ok. I loaded up some 260 and 285 Hammers tonight. I basically used my same weight ELD loads with R26.
The 260s actually shot really good, the 285s were not so good.

Ok. I loaded up some 260 and 285 Hammers tonight. I basically used my same weight ELD loads with R26.
The 260s actually shot really good, the 285s were not so good.
Did you think you wouldn't have to do any load development? Hammers are completely different that ELD's, so you got lucky the 260 gr shot well with your same ELD load. Load development is generally very easy and quick, but you still have to do it. You'll get more velocity with Hammers over any cup and core bullet.

Listen Dennis, if you want some advice on loading Hammers, just ask. There are a lot of us on this site that have been loading these bullets for years. Some are extremely knowledgeable, and you even have the owner of Hammer Bullets on this site always willing to help. Butterbean is a wealth of knowledge and just a great dude. GLTaylor is also very knowledgeable and he took the time to organize an entire spreadsheet of members load data for both Hammer Hunters and Absolute Hammers.

I had only time to try one load. My throat is such that bullet seating depth is a non-issue. I'll just load up the 260s and try them. This gun has been very easy to find loads for. I was hoping the long bullets would shoot well the first time out. I've been working long hours this week and no time to play. I'm flying out on a deer hunt Sunday so i need to get ready for it. As soon as i get back I'll have to get ready for the grizzly hunt. Just didn't have enough time to do it right. On another note, I've never had a load shoot 2 moa and then find a better load for this rifle with that bullet that shot sub moa. Maybe my rifle just doesn't like the 285s. The 260s are well under a moa so I'll just go with them.

Tagging in here, 6.5 prc with 124HH at 3330fps, 200 yard group

Attachments

• F5FA1717-6F33-4CE4-AE59-0269BFD15A8B.jpeg
    F5FA1717-6F33-4CE4-AE59-0269BFD15A8B.jpeg
    791.9 KB · Views: 53

Recent Posts