Official Hammer bullets Terminal Performance (picture heavy)

The target was a 4ft by 6ft Buffalo so I had a lot of area to hit.
A true hunter would take that shot if he was that good , or ~~ We kicked off one on our lease : one of those hunters,, He just wanted to see if he could do it 400 yds,,,He clipped a doe, with a 270 across the back , it was dragging itself and we had to get it in the dark then...and listen to him brag about his long shot. When we recovered it, he was told to not come anymore .. His second time taking an unethical shot.... Hunting ethics and shooting skills, are important for a hunter/shooter...unless you are just a shooter, the ethics are missing.

A true hunter would take that shot if he was that good , or ~~ We kicked off one on our lease : one of those hunters,, He just wanted to see if he could do it 400 yds,,,He clipped a doe, with a 270 across the back , it was dragging itself and we had to get it in the dark then...and listen to him brag about his long shot. When we recovered it, he was told to not come anymore .. His second time taking an unethical shot.... Hunting ethics and shooting skills, are important for a hunter/shooter...unless you are just a shooter, the ethics are missing.
See Rule #1

"We do not discuss ethics. To do so will result in the post or posts being edited or deleted."

While I agree with your sentiment, @hunterbob , I think most would agree 'ethics' do not really apply to steel buffalo silhouettes anyway. 😉 Cheers!
LOL pardon me , i didn't have my glasses on when i read it...I'm bad , sorry, brother... Its not the first time i made a fool out of myself, prolly not the last...."There's no fool like an old fool"

LOL pardon me , i didn't have my glasses on when i read it...I'm bad , sorry, brother... Its not the first time i made a fool out of myself, prolly not the last...."There's no fool like an old fool"

Not a fool at all Sir, you made a great point.

It's just not allowed because someone always get roudy and the thread(s) go to crap, and end up being closed. So better safe than sorry.

See Rule #1

"We do not discuss ethics. To do so will result in the post or posts being edited or deleted."

While I agree with your sentiment, @hunterbob , I think most would agree 'ethics' do not really apply to steel buffalo silhouettes anyway. 😉 Cheers!

To clarify, as Hand Skills pointed out, the 4ft x 6ft buffalo referenced in the post you quoted was a steel target placed at 1 mile that I was shooting at for kicks after my actual bison hunt.

For my actual bison I took a day and a half and passed up multiple opportunities to shoot as I was not comfortable with the shot presented due to the iron sights and rainbow trajectory of my Sharps. The shots I did take were right at my 100 yard zero range on a broadside bison shooting off a tripod with a clear view of the target.

That being said I completely understand the sentiment of not trying to outshoot your ability and that's the reason I spend so much time practicing with my rifles. I'd much rather not take a shot I'm not 100% confident in than have to track an animal I wounded due to my incompetence.

257wby 90g absolute hammer 154 yards exit. Enter behind shoulder exit behind shoulder. Blood shot from rear ribs to neck. Did not damage exit side shoulder. Love these

Attachments

• IMG_20211111_211827985.jpg
    IMG_20211111_211827985.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
220 swift 35gr hammer hunter muzzle velocity 4600fps. The shot was at 320 yards standing almost exactly facing us the shot entered the point of the left shoulder and it exited about the next to last rib she stumbled 80 yards and finally tipped over. The lungs and diaphragm we're almost gone. Massive shock between the off shoulder and the ribs as well as the ribs were shocked really hard. Overall almost no meat was lost, I am very impressed it penetrated 18" before exiting
E61B0B5F-37D1-47B1-9763-742A2EB5EDB4.jpeg
1D5C5414-C4E4-4698-996C-ACE00C859B51.jpeg
46C543B6-9405-4D12-A8B4-ECEC233F2E8D.jpeg
0D3B00F6-28B1-464D-BDD1-B676ABA36217.jpeg

My daughter put the Hammer to a couple this year. Antelope doe at a few feet, she was waiting for a shot on a buck but this doe got stupid and was about to get down wind and blow the whole thing so she got smoked.

She had a goal of a bull this year but the shot opportunity just wasn't happening and she was not going home without elk meat and when this big old cow decided she was taking charge and stepped a few lengths out front and stopped at 320, her fate was sealed.
She's shooting her Weatherby Camilla in 6.5 Creedmore with a healthy does of Varget under a 124 Hammer.

IMG_20211114_164928004.jpg
IMG_20211128_123106860.jpg
IMG_20211128_122103386.jpg

My daughter put the Hammer to a couple this year. Antelope doe at a few feet, she was waiting for a shot on a buck but this doe got stupid and was about to get down wind and blow the whole thing so she got smoked.

She had a goal of a bull this year but the shot opportunity just wasn't happening and she was not going home without elk meat and when this big old cow decided she was taking charge and stepped a few lengths out front and stopped at 320, her fate was sealed.
She's shooting her Weatherby Camilla in 6.5 Creedmore with a healthy does of Varget under a 124 Hammer.

View attachment 350485View attachment 350486View attachment 350487First it's good to see you back on the forum. And second that's awesome what kinda velocity are you getting with the 124HH