Nosler Liberty 280 AI

ImLegend

Im looking at a Nosler Liberty in 280 AI. It would be my first Nosler rifle , First AI and I hope to hear from some Nosler rifle owners and 280 AI owners on your impression of the rifle. It will be used for white tail deer inside of 300 yards.

If this post is in the wrong location let me know.

Im looking at a Nosler Liberty in 280 AI. It would be my first Nosler rifle , First AI and I hope to hear from some Nosler rifle owners and 280 AI owners on your impression of the rifle. It will be used for white tail deer inside of 300 yards.

If this post is in the wrong location let me know.
Sorry about nobody giving you an answer.

I think the 280AI gives the most punch for the buck in a factory chambering on a standard action. Great cartridge choice.

I have only messed with one Nosler rifle so I can't give a conclusive opinion. That particular rifle seemed to be picky about what it shot and it did not produce the vel that it should have. We were able to get it shooting well for him. So I think there may be other rifles in that price that would be worth looking at.

Steve

Sorry about nobody giving you an answer.

I think the 280AI gives the most punch for the buck in a factory chambering on a standard action. Great cartridge choice.

I have only messed with one Nosler rifle so I can't give a conclusive opinion. That particular rifle seemed to be picky about what it shot and it did not produce the vel that it should have. We were able to get it shooting well for him. So I think there may be other rifles in that price that would be worth looking at.

Steve

thanks steve!

I don't own one (yet) but I did spend a good bit of time last summer building a load and verifying data out to 1k for one of my hunting buddies. Same model and caliber you're looking at. We ended up running a 168 VLD at 3000fps on the nose. He was consistently shooting groups in the .3s by hunting season.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.