Nightforce vs Leupold warranty?

Hello all. Wondering who if any have had some experience with Nightforce scope warranty? I'm purchasing a new scope that will serve as a hunting scope out to 400 as well as a target scope out to 1,000. Narrowed it to the Nightforce nxs 5.5-22, the nx8 4-32, leupold vx6 4-24, and the zeiss v6 5-30. After reading some many horror stories lately about Zeiss warranty issues, I might steer clear of them. I know Leupold generally is pretty reputable and I own a half dozen of them with no reliability issues thus far. How does the Nightforce warranty stack up? Thanks in advance for any info . I really appreciate your time. Cheers
Don't know how much help my experience will give you I have one Leopold at least 50 years old, three nightforces ranging from 30 to 10 years old.

personally I have never had to use a warranty on any of them.

I used to have 9 Leupold's and down to 7 now.Had 1 that due to a major fall from me falling over a cliff had to go back to Leupold.They replaced the scope and had it back to me in a couple of weeks.
That being said here is a video of a torture test of a Night Force scope you might like to watch:

I know of NO other scope that could pass this test!

I have sent Leupold back to have custom work done and that was my cost. Never had an issue with Leupold and have/had a dozen of them. We own a 1/2 dozen NF and never a problem. We also have about (9) Vortex and they have Life time no hassle fix. Some manufacture will even replace even if you drop your scope.
Also need to look at the warranty if electronics are involved.

Edit 06/30/23 We bought a set for Leupold RB1000 Range Finder Binos that went bad. Leupold discontinued because of China electronics.
Leupold asked if we wanted our money back OR they would send us a NEW pair of their latest Binos and their latest hand held RF. Made out like a bandit!! Got over double of what we originally paid.

Here is a list of Warranty for Scopes & Optics.
Thanks
Len & Jill

That's interesting. I sent my Leopold handheld rangefinder in for repair they contacted me and told me they do not warranty handheld range finders. They were willing to sell me a new one or ship the old one back to me. I told them to ship it back. I ended up buying a Vortex range finder. They DO warranty theirs.

Funny when people ask me how is NF warranty, because I own so many of them, I tell them I don't know, never needed to find out. For the last 18 years I have run all sorts of them from tgt, to hunting, to combat and never have had one have any issue to included from abuse. This includes the used ones I pick up because my mind is stuck on Mildot with MOA adjustments.

I have however been required to use the unconditional, no questions asked warrenty on all the Leupolds and Vortex (except one Crossfire II) that I have owned.

In my mind, ya it's great to have a warrenty and quick turn around when there is an issue, however I'd rather there not be an issue in the first place! This is why on my last Mountain Build, I cut weight everywhere except on my NXS 3.5-15.

I own several leupold scopes and have never had an issue and all have performed perfectly. Never have owned a Nightforce but from all the reviews and testimonials I've read I believe they are top notch and either would make you a good choice. Been a Leupold fan for many years and they have never failed me. I always say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Bought a Leupold Compact 2x-7 in 1985. Sat on a Rem Model-7 308 until about 2010. It failed. Moving the zero was totally unreliable (2" movement could get me anywhere from 0" to 6"). Sent it in. Three weeks later got a new Ultralight 3x-9 VX2. No questions asked. My next scope will be a Leupold!

I ended up calling a place to pick their brain 1 last time, and buy a scope. Torn between the nx8 and the vx6hd. After talking to several optics dealers , and asking a lot of questions, he made me such a deal on a vx6hd that I couldn't turn it down. Already have it all mounted up. Looking forward to playing with it

Hello all. Wondering who if any have had some experience with Nightforce scope warranty? I'm purchasing a new scope that will serve as a hunting scope out to 400 as well as a target scope out to 1,000. Narrowed it to the Nightforce nxs 5.5-22, the nx8 4-32, leupold vx6 4-24, and the zeiss v6 5-30. After reading some many horror stories lately about Zeiss warranty issues, I might steer clear of them. I know Leupold generally is pretty reputable and I own a half dozen of them with no reliability issues thus far. How does the Nightforce warranty stack up? Thanks in advance for any info . I really appreciate your time. Cheers
I have sent back a leupold that went sliding off the truck topper at 35 mph and rolled across the asphalt and into the dirt... no questions asked, got back a scope that looked brand new.
Own a few nx8 4x32, fell hard a few times packing out elk, scope never lost zero, no damages to lenses or turrets, tracks true, so I never sent it in.
Both great in my opinion.

I hate threads that ask about two different companies. I am a Leupold guy. I know nothing about night force. So my basis for my comments are based on facts and my interactions with Leupold. They have been nothing but professional and courteous in my dealings with them. Whether it was optics, rangefinders or something else. They have taken the time to answer questions. The rangefinders they have aren't covered under warranty, but they give a credit toward another one. That credit is substantial. Optics have either been repaired or replaced with better. Those that have spoken negatively on the VX-5HD and said you will need the warranty, don't own one. People like what they like and some try to tell you that what you like is trash. Unless, it is what they are stuck on. I will always buy Leupold products. For their quality and professionalism.

Looks like you already made your choice, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it, but one more thumbs up for NF service. I think I bought my NSX 2.5-10x32 in 2012. It's been on many airline and rough truck rides, including 4 trips to Africa. After a particularly rough trip to Namibia I sent it in to NF to check it out and make sure it was still in good shape. Including shipping both ways from Texas I had it back in three weeks with a clean bill of health and no charge for checking it out. Great folks to deal with. Since 2012 I've bought 5 more NF scopes and have yet to have a problem with any of them. In fact, that little NSX 2.5-10 helped me take this big Vancouver Island bear in May!

Attachments

• Bear_E2_5-29-2023.jpg
    Bear_E2_5-29-2023.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 28
I have five Nightforce scopes, (3) NXS and (2) ATACR. To say I am happy with them is an understatement. I recently had a problem with the zero stop on a 5-25x56 ATACR. I contacted Nightforce's customer service department and got an email and a call back from Jon almost immediately. I told him I was going on a hunt on September 1st and it was imperative that I get it back as soon as possible. He sent me an RMA and I sent the scope off. They are fairly close to where I live only about 150 miles away so it only took a day for the scope to arrive. The next morning I received a confirming email that they had received it and they would get started on it right away. Later that afternoon Jon called me back to tell me I was correct, there was a problem with the Zero Stop and that they had fixed it, he also said that they had gone through all of the other parts of the scope to make sure the reticles were still tracking properly. They had returned all of the setting to factory specs and were in the process of packaging it back up to sending it back to me. One day people. Where do you get that kind of service anymore. To say I am a happy customer would be a great understatement.

That's a darn good price. You folks have me about convinced to go with the nxs 5.5-22x56. Now I need to find one in moa that i already understand
I just emailed Nightforce to see if they have a duplex crosshair and could they laser engraved a turret that would be accurate out to 1K if they knew the round and all the specs on my load. As I said, I just now emailed them, when they reply I'll let you know what they say.
For me all the dots and hash marks start to blur together so they are useless for me. I have the above mentioned setup with a Leupold and it works great, but I have have had trouble with the Mark 5 messing up (2 times Leupold swapped out the last time I sent it in), the replacement scope I had to send in but that was my fault one hundred percent, I tripped walking down a steep incline while hunting (thank goodness I just shot my buck and was walking to him) and the rifle slammed the ground extremely hard, if the stock would have been broken in two pieces I wouldn't have been surprised. Leupold fixed the scope even though they knew I caused the problem and had it back in no time.