Nightforce vs Leupold warranty?

river rat23

Hello all. Wondering who if any have had some experience with Nightforce scope warranty? I'm purchasing a new scope that will serve as a hunting scope out to 400 as well as a target scope out to 1,000. Narrowed it to the Nightforce nxs 5.5-22, the nx8 4-32, leupold vx6 4-24, and the zeiss v6 5-30. After reading some many horror stories lately about Zeiss warranty issues, I might steer clear of them. I know Leupold generally is pretty reputable and I own a half dozen of them with no reliability issues thus far. How does the Nightforce warranty stack up? Thanks in advance for any info . I really appreciate your time. Cheers

I have sent Leupold back to have custom work done and that was my cost. Never had an issue with Leupold and have/had a dozen of them. We own a 1/2 dozen NF and never a problem. We also have about (9) Vortex and they have Life time no hassle fix. Some manufacture will even replace even if you drop your scope.
Also need to look at the warranty if electronics are involved.

Edit 06/30/23 We bought a set for Leupold RB1000 Range Finder Binos that went bad. Leupold discontinued because of China electronics.
Leupold asked if we wanted our money back OR they would send us a NEW pair of their latest Binos and their latest hand held RF. Made out like a bandit!! Got over double of what we originally paid.

Here is a list of Warranty for Scopes & Optics.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Last edited:
First of all, I really doubt very seriously that you will have ANY problems with a Nightforce scope! I have a lot and not one issue. But, just in case; I am pretty sure their warranty is solid. Also, I have bought several Nightforce scopes on this web site. Sellers said used; but when I get them, they look brand new in the box with papers! Better prices than new, and all I got was like brand new but a used price.

I have emailed nighforce on multiple occasions and they have been super helpful. It was for cleaning and to have a scope inspected as I purchased it used and wanted to make sure it was in proper working order. Luepold on the other hand I have used for warranty work. They were top notch and instead of repairing they replaced the product with a newer model. (Rangefinder) Not sure if that is common practice. Could have just been cheaper for them to do that then repair it.

IMHO, I would try and find a deal on the nxs your looking for. Good luck on your search for a new scope.

I have had excellent service from both Leupold and Nightforce. However, I will say in support of Nightforce durability that the NXS is one tough scope !! My rifle slid off wall and all 10 lbs of rifle hit wood floor solid putting nice little dent in tube area. I sent it off because I just knew it was messed up ( I mean even my mount screws were knocked loose ).
Nope, the scope tested out fine by NF and is in use today back on same rifle.

Leupold-
I Bought a new 2-7x32 VX-III 20 years ago & it arrived with the reticle having an issue & some of the front lense chipped- new in the box from the dealer.

They fixed it within 2 weeks.

I bought a VXR from an Academy in Texas in 2021 that was missing the battery cover: they sent me a replacement no questions asked for free.

NF-
My NSX came new from Midwayusa with Mildot reticle & MOA turrets- I purchased it while over seas & did not understand that it was not MIL/MIL.

NF changed out the turrets at cost for me.

NF is in my opinion a better scope these days when you include the warranty & clarity, comparing equally priced scopes.

Recent Posts