Nightforce vs Leupold warranty?

I strongly considered the mark 5, but being primarily a hunting scope, I wanted to heavily weigh the 2fp of the vx6hd and the nxs. I spend a good amount of time behind the rifle at low light or close up while hunting. Doesn't feel that the 1fp will be the best for hunting applications

I don't see how you could beat Leupolds warranty and quick turnaround.
They are my "go to". I knoww when I buy one it is a lifetime investment.
Can't say about NF but I bet they are comparable.

I have had to use Leupold's warranty on multiple occasions due to my abuse. They have always repaired the scope to as new without any cost to me, past shipping to them. I have had to use the Zeiss warranty once and the could not fix my issue but gave me credit towards a new scope that exceeded what I paid for the one I was replacing, as well as, allowed me to upgrade for a nominal difference in cost. Both are GTG from my experience.

How long ago did NF have Mildot reticle & MOA turrets?

I was told that was the way our Military ordered Snapper Raffle scopes for years.

I detest converting- use one or the other, but back & forth is ridiculous.

If we are building a job with metric measurements, use a metric scale & tapes.

Hello all. Wondering who if any have had some experience with Nightforce scope warranty? I'm purchasing a new scope that will serve as a hunting scope out to 400 as well as a target scope out to 1,000. Narrowed it to the Nightforce nxs 5.5-22, the nx8 4-32, leupold vx6 4-24, and the zeiss v6 5-30. After reading some many horror stories lately about Zeiss warranty issues, I might steer clear of them. I know Leupold generally is pretty reputable and I own a half dozen of them with no reliability issues thus far. How does the Nightforce warranty stack up? Thanks in advance for any info . I really appreciate your time. Cheers
I own 5 NightForce scopes and have had two minor problems requiring service. Each time the service rep handled it quickly and satisfactorily, with no questions asked, eg proof of purchase. Once it required that I send the scope in to have a small foreign body removed from inside the scope body. I had the scope back 10 days after I shipped it. No charge.

My neighbor and myself have both had too many issues with Leupold products. They didn't act as quick as Burris has for warranty work. With that being said if you go with the Leupold it's nice to research their warranty. If you go with Nightforce I have only heard their warranty and service is top notch. Of the 6 Nightforce optics I have I've never sent one back. They are all performers and have been well used. You are on track with the SHV! Great scope!! Just wondering why if you are hunting to 400 yards you aren't looking at the 4-14? More than enough magnification to shoot 1000 yards. There is no comparison between Nightforce and Leupold illuminated reticles. Nightforce hands down. I have 3 SHV's and I think you will be more than impressed with them

I sent a rangefinder back to Leupold and was told there wasn't a warranty for it. They told me they would discount a newer and upgraded model so I agreed to that. When the bill hit my CC it was as much as if I went down to a sporting goods store and bought it off the shelf.

My neighbor and myself have both had too many issues with Leupold products. They didn't act as quick as Burris has for warranty work. With that being said if you go with the Leupold it's nice to research their warranty. If you go with Nightforce I have only heard their warranty and service is top notch. Of the 6 Nightforce optics I have I've never sent one back. They are all performers and have been well used. You are on track with the SHV! Great scope!! Just wondering why if you are hunting to 400 yards you aren't looking at the 4-14? More than enough magnification to shoot 1000 yards. There is no comparison between Nightforce and Leupold illuminated reticles. Nightforce hands down. I have 3 SHV's and I think you will be more than impressed with them
I'm an absolute noob when it comes to long range shooting. I'm slowly buying some gear and bought a few books to learn as much as I can before I get a chance to go shoot. I'm leaning toward the higher mag scopes because the guy who ill be hunting Wyoming with, and the guys that offered to take me to my first 1k yard shoot both suggested mag over 15 if I am able to get it. Just trying to feel my way through this expensive stuff . It's all Greek to me

Out of all the rifle accuracy problems that apply directly to the customers scopes I have checked over the years, the problems directly relating to turrets and dialing failures.
1- NightForce only one, the guy fell in the mountains and bent the top turret oval in shape making a hard spot while dialing, but the scope still worked and dialed correctly, sent back to NF excellent warranty and fast.
The other scopes are not in the same playing field.
2 Leupold Vx5 & Vx6 and Zeiss V6. For these scopes dont lose your paper work and make sure you register your scope online for the warranty, you will need it !!!!!!!!!
3 Vortex ( **** )

I'm an absolute noob when it comes to long range shooting. I'm slowly buying some gear and bought a few books to learn as much as I can before I get a chance to go shoot. I'm leaning toward the higher mag scopes because the guy who ill be hunting Wyoming with, and the guys that offered to take me to my first 1k yard shoot both suggested mag over 15 if I am able to get it. Just trying to feel my way through this expensive stuff . It's all Greek to me
I totally understand!! I shoot a 308 at 1k with the max magnification on the SHV less than the 14. The problem exists that while hunting, especially in the southeast the lower the magnification the better. Most shots are closer than further. Less magnification generally helps if you are hunting in woods with a thick canopy near dark. Do keep in mind there are more things to consider than just magnification. The SHV would serve you well and the FFP is extremely effective when you learn and practice with them. Mod all my hunting scopes I own now the highest magnification I hunt with is a 4-16. I've paid the price to find this out. Seems like from what you described the 4-14 would do more than you want it to. What caliber and what part of the country do you think you will be hunting most?

Hunting is mostly in the northeast. Most shots under 200. Some farm country shots could be pushing 400-600 when my skills allow. Annual trips out west to Montana or Wyoming. My 308 has a vx5hd 3-15 x 44. This scope will be for a customized Christensen 7 rem mag

Hunting is mostly in the northeast. Most shots under 200. Some farm country shots could be pushing 400-600 when my skills allow. Annual trips out west to Montana or Wyoming. My 308 has a vx5hd 3-15 x 44. This scope will be for a customized Christensen 7 rem mag
You be fine either the SHV. Either magnification you choose you'll be fine. I do think you'd be much happier with the Nightforce! Also look at the ZEISS Conquest 4 line. Very nice optics. Those would be the 2 I would seriously consider. If you were closer you could try before you buy😂

Recent Posts