Nightforce vs Leupold warranty?

Hard to beat Nightforce. You get what you pay for. Leupold are fine too but at long distance 700+ the VX line can't track as well. I don't care for vortex scopes unless it's their high end or binos.

Out of all the rifle accuracy problems that apply directly to the customers scopes I have checked over the years, the problems directly relating to turrets and dialing failures.
1- NightForce only one, the guy fell in the mountains and bent the top turret oval in shape making a hard spot while dialing, but the scope still worked and dialed correctly, sent back to NF excellent warranty and fast.
The other scopes are not in the same playing field.
2 Leupold Vx5 & Vx6 and Zeiss V6. For these scopes dont lose your paper work and make sure you register your scope online for the warranty, you will need it !!!!!!!!!
3 Vortex ( **** )
Leupold does not require any paperwork or registration. I bought a used Leupold for my silhouette rifle and found after that the reticle quit adjusting up dialing past 12MOA up. I sent it in even though I could have been the 2nd 3rd or whatever owner and they had it fixed and back to me in less than a month. Buy the cheapest knarrlyest looking used Loupy in a model you like and send it in for repairs. You get it fixed up or a new similar or better scope.

That's interesting. I sent my Leopold handheld rangefinder in for repair they contacted me and told me they do not warranty handheld range finders. They were willing to sell me a new one or ship the old one back to me. I told them to ship it back. I ended up buying a Vortex range finder. They DO warranty theirs.
I had the same experience. My rangefinder was older maybe 4-6 years and I was told the warranty for RF is the stated 1year or whatever is listed warranty, its not the lifetime warranty as their scopes.

I have both Leupold and Nightforce I've used them for more years, than I care to think about, and both are great scopes, but... when it comes to service and warranties I'd pick Leupold. Just my 0.2 Cheers

I've had warranty work performed by Leupold, Vortex, and Burris. Leupold was checking alignment on pair of binos and making sure the mirrors or one at least was still mounted, resealing after fogging up internally, rangefinder repair because the text was double image and was eventually upgraded after another issue(I paid for the upgrade), a scope from the 70's that I dropped and bent the eyepiece a little at the threads that they replaced with a VX3i version. All with a quick turnaround.

Vortex viper binos that fogged up internally were sent back and they returned in less than a couple weeks and still work great.

Burris Sig binos fogged up so I sent in and they said not repairable and wanted me to partially pay for an upgrade to a lower grade model. I sent in 8x32 compacts, they eventually sent out a pair of 12x50 Sig models(other end of spectrum sizewise), they just sit in the truck mainly. Mom has a pair of Burris binos with one side that is real dark and she and I have contacted them to see about getting them repaired and no response back from them at all.

I thought if something has a lifetime(forever) warranty then it is a product that is made in such a way as to be repairable. Disassemble, install new seals, purge it and return. There should be o-ring sizes to fit about anything on the market these days. To say it's unrepairable is odd unless it was run over by a truck or dropped off a cliff.

Hello all. Wondering who if any have had some experience with Nightforce scope warranty? I'm purchasing a new scope that will serve as a hunting scope out to 400 as well as a target scope out to 1,000. Narrowed it to the Nightforce nxs 5.5-22, the nx8 4-32, leupold vx6 4-24, and the zeiss v6 5-30. After reading some many horror stories lately about Zeiss warranty issues, I might steer clear of them. I know Leupold generally is pretty reputable and I own a half dozen of them with no reliability issues thus far. How does the Nightforce warranty stack up? Thanks in advance for any info . I really appreciate your time. Cheers
The last decade I have stayed clear of warranty issues with Leupold, Nightforce, Zeiss and Schmidt Bender by trying to NOT buying any scope with wire reticle. I am sure many other components have issues but seeking etched glass reticles has kept me clear of any warranty heartburn.

I was a Leupold fan for a long time.
While I still use them, I have sent 3 scopes back for warranty in the last 3 years. Their warranty is excellent but I don't like having to use warranties. Especially with new scopes.
I have changed to Nightforce, Steiner and March for my mountain and travel guns.
I still utilize VX6HD, VX5HD and MK5HD but I won't be risking one on a rifle that's getting knocked around a lot anymore.

I had the same experience. My rangefinder was older maybe 4-6 years and I was told the warranty for RF is the stated 1year or whatever is listed warranty, its not the lifetime warranty as their scopes.
Off topic a little but Bushnell is the same with range finders won't warranty electronics.Through it away and never will I buy anyone's products that don't have the Vortex warranty.

Well the US Army sniper rifle has a Leupold Mark 5 HD. They must think it's pretty reliable.
Sorry, I repeat myself. But I do put a lot of stock in the military's selection of a riflescope for battle. I think most folks think of the VX line when they think of Leupold scopes, but the Mark 5 series is military grade, like Nightforce.

Last edited:
Hello all. Wondering who if any have had some experience with Nightforce scope warranty? I'm purchasing a new scope that will serve as a hunting scope out to 400 as well as a target scope out to 1,000. Narrowed it to the Nightforce nxs 5.5-22, the nx8 4-32, leupold vx6 4-24, and the zeiss v6 5-30. After reading some many horror stories lately about Zeiss warranty issues, I might steer clear of them. I know Leupold generally is pretty reputable and I own a half dozen of them with no reliability issues thus far. How does the Nightforce warranty stack up? Thanks in advance for any info . I really appreciate your time. Cheers
I heard back from Nightforce about a duplex scope which they have, but they do NOT make a custom turret, but they did give me the name of a company that makes them.
Their scope is: SHV 5-20x56 average $1,300.00
The turret company is: Kenton Industries

Got a dozen plus Leupold s that I use. First was about 45 years ago. One issue w turret adjustment that was quickly fixed. Got 8-9 Swarovski. Most are the PH series. This equates closely to the Z6 series now. No problems at all w them. Lost a scope cover once that they replaced for free. The Swarovski glass is extremely hard to beat, especially in low light. Generally like them better than the Zeiss Victory.

I've had two problems with Leupold and they were fixed and back to me no questions asked. They were pistol scopes on a Casull .454 from 30+ years ago and they replaced with new no questions asked. New ones seem tougher.