New Scope Recommendations

Brydawg512

Hello all,

I am having a rifle built currently and am looking for recommendations for scopes. I have a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP on my current rifle, however, am wanting to upgrade to something else for my next rifle.

I am wanting a FFP scope and the lighter, the better, however, this isn't a sheep rifle so not horendously picky on options.

I have looked at the Nightforce SHV line, however, would like to hear all of your recommendations.

Thank you all.

I had one of the SHV F1's for a short while and can't recommend them. The turrets, coating, and overall fit and finish left something to be desired, I felt like I was paying for the NF name and not getting much more. At a similar price point I was much more impressed by the Burris XTRII and Steiner P4Xi I had and really don't like Steiner.

At that price point, Element Optics Nexus, Vortex LHT FFP (giving up turret quality for weight savings), or Tract Toric (more features and more weight) would be my choices, probably in that order.

I would look at Meopta Optika 6 3-18x, Tract Toric 4-20x, Vortex PST Gen 2 3-15x or 5-25x and Vortex LHT FFP.
The Meopta Optica 6 - 3-18 ffp 4D Diachro Reticle zero lock and zero stop European glass is hard too beat for under a1000 bucks . That's my choice of reticle , but they have many more choices.

Hello all,

I am having a rifle built currently and am looking for recommendations for scopes. I have a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP on my current rifle, however, am wanting to upgrade to something else for my next rifle.

I am wanting a FFP scope and the lighter, the better, however, this isn't a sheep rifle so not horendously picky on options.

I have looked at the Nightforce SHV line, however, would like to hear all of your recommendations.

Thank you all.
@gr8fuldoug

Hello all,

Thank you all.
Look at the March Optics 4.5-28×52.

Look at the March Optics 4.5-28×52.
I would like to keep it under $1500
Let me know if you find this for under $1500.
I will buy a dozen of them.

For $700, these are really hard to beat.

The Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22×50 can be fou d for $1500. Good scope for that price range.

Look for a good used Scope that is a bit better quality, like a NF, Kahles, ZCO. 1500 will be low, save up for another month or two...

Sell some other scopes you have, buy a better scope use it on all your rifles. Simple to do and no loss of zero of you get a good torque wrench and wrote down all your zeros. I do it all the time

Let me know if you find this for under $1500.
I will buy a dozen of them.

For $700, these are really hard to beat.

The Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22×50 can be fou d for $1500. Good scope for that price range.
I also have the Swfa 3x15 athlon 4.5 x27 gen 2 Leopold etc . Meopta has some of the best glass available are European made scopes and hold their own own with scopes that cost twice as much if not more , they are not light weight but you get a lot of scope with Meopta , Meopta also made some of the Zeiss scopes in the past for Zeiss . What is their not too like about Meopta .