Scope recommendations

JIsbell40

I have a rem 700 Hart 24" 1:12 22-250 #3 contour mcmillan RMR edge stock that is about to be finished and heading my way... it's time to get a glass. I tried to make this on the lighter end of coyote/varmint gun. Shots will mostly be 100-300 and very occasionally out to 400 yards on coyotes, foxes, bobcats, etc. I'm not looking for target knobs on this one as I'm planning to shoot 50-52 grain bullets as fast as I can get them with good accuracy. What scopes would you all recommend? I've been looking at the 6-18x40 vx freedom and a Vx3i 6.5-20x40 thus far. Looking for a minimum 14x on the top end. Like to keep the price around $700 or less

If you look around you can find a vx5 3x15x44 for that price and they extremely nice
I have a rem 700 Hart 24" 1:12 22-250 #3 contour mcmillan RMR edge stock that is about to be finished and heading my way... it's time to get a glass. I tried to make this on the lighter end of coyote/varmint gun. Shots will mostly be 100-300 and very occasionally out to 400 yards on coyotes, foxes, bobcats, etc. I'm not looking for target knobs on this one as I'm planning to shoot 50-52 grain bullets as fast as I can get them with good accuracy. What scopes would you all recommend? I've been looking at the 6-18x40 vx freedom and a Vx3i 6.5-20x40 thus far. Looking for a minimum 14x on the top end. Like to keep the price around $700 or less

Vx3i with CDS. Easy to dial of you need to and very accurate.

2 of my hunting partners have cds:
Pros- light weight and good glass
Cons- Soft clicks and no zero stop

Since you mentioned not needing knobs, a vortex or other bdc type would work fine for that.

Since you mentioned not needing knobs, a vortex or other bdc type would work fine for that.
I think I would be happy with a Boone and crocket reticle in a 4.5-14x40. It's down to that glass, or I can pull my vx5 off my 7wsm then put that on the 22-250. And buy a vx6 for the 7wsm...

Im a big proponent for Vortex Optics they have lots of options for different needs. Absolutely great warranty, I like being able to use the gear without having to egg shell it for fear of it breaking. I like there viper series, might be something in there that fits your bill.

Zero stop If using the calibrated turret. Only one rotation. That would get you 600 yards.

For my hunting rifles like you are talking about I put Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-12.5x42 on them. I know you said 14x minimum but the glass is so good I don't think you would miss that last 1.5x. Having a no-battery, tiny glowing dot is sooooo nice on a hunting rig. I have found them used for $800.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.