Scope recommendations

For my hunting rifles like you are talking about I put Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-12.5x42 on them. I know you said 14x minimum but the glass is so good I don't think you would miss that last 1.5x. Having a no-battery, tiny glowing dot is sooooo nice on a hunting rig. I have found them used for $800.
I've been looking at that scope online but can't find one in person to handle? Do you like it even with capped turrets?

I've been looking at that scope online but can't find one in person to handle? Do you like it even with capped turrets?

Yes, they are well-made and come off quickly if you need them off. It is also very easy to turn the clicks, so caps are a necessity for hunting to prevent the turrets from being turned accidentally (esp. while carrying with a sling.)

I am also not that likely to be dialing while big game hunting unless the shot was very long. If I need 4 or 5 moa up or over I will usually just hold it. That is easy to do with the MoA-Dot reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.