New Mono Bullet

One thing that you may consider also from a consumer point of view. If I like a bullet I want to be able to get them on a reasonable time table. This has turned me away from more than one custom bullets in the past. I realize this is a tuff request, but if I like a product I want at least a years supply on the shelf. I realize this will require I invest in what could be a sizable investment, but would do so, and I do, with the products I like and use.

Thanks for the consideration in this.

Jeff

I agree with Broz.

Unless I get really lucky, I can't do load development, and measure dispersion and bullet drop at long range with 20 bullets. I'll need to shoot at least 100 before I'm confident enough to use a bullet on a hunt.

I'm looking forward to the launch of your new products, especially for those hunting / long - range hunting bullets in 7 and 8 mm. What kind of bullets will that be? What I understand will the bullets be more sophisticated like CNC - cut (ogive rings?), and not pressed copper as Barnes and its relatives?

Yes they are cnc cut. Kind of makes the sky the limit as to what we can design.

Steve

Congrats to you both Steve and Brian. I look forward to hearing more. When you get something for Long Range hunting in .284, .308 and .338 I would maybe like to get some.

Steve, your presentation has been great and I have come to trust and respect you as a straight shooter over many years and posts. But do you really want to joke like this " Just use them for the less important things.:D"

I know its just a joke but I think everyone chooses a bullet for hunting with the utmost importance, no matter what brand is on the box.

Look forward to hearing more in the future.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. That was full on tongue in cheek. I have never been a guy who thinks what I use is the only thing that is worth using. Now that we have started into this venture I don't think I will change. There are lots of great products out there. We just want to be added to that list.

To your second post. Both Brian and I have been very frustrated by the seeming slowness of the shooting industry. If we can have it our way we will do everything we can to stay with demand. I am sure that is not as easy as it sounds.

Steve

Thought I would jump in here and help Steve....
I am the other part of this equation. I do the programming to cut these things. If there is any special weight/length anyone wants, I am willing to give it shot.
We have done quite a bit of testing so far, (but a ways to go) and like what we are seeing. This will be an interesting journey but we are very excited to get these out to some professionals to test. One step at a time.
Steve pretty much said everything else (that we can).
Brian

I'd personally love to see a high BC style mono in a lighter .308 bullet. In my experience even the 150 grain ETips are pushing it for good velocity out of a .308 Win. The higher velocity required for expansion in a mono trumps the BC benefits of the heavier bullets in a moderate sized chamber like the .308. A VLD style bullet in 120-130 grains out of a .308 would be great for deer/hogs here in California.

My $.02

I'd personally love to see a high BC style mono in a lighter .308 bullet. In my experience even the 150 grain ETips are pushing it for good velocity out of a .308 Win. The higher velocity required for expansion in a mono trumps the BC benefits of the heavier bullets in a moderate sized chamber like the .308. A VLD style bullet in 120-130 grains out of a .308 would be great for deer/hogs here in California.

My $.02

175g is the lightest that we have played with so far. I am sure we can down in weight and still maintain a vld style bullet. I like your idea.

Steve

I am also excited to see what you guys have to offer. New companies that question the standard and do their best to offer a better product is what innovation is all about.

I primarily hunt with .338 caliber bullets but also use .308.

Keep the information coming!

Looking forward to learning more about your bullets Steve. You've certainly displayed the proper attitude, perspective, and knowledge to get this jump started in the right direction.

I've been following this a few days and have not noticed any requests for .264/6.5 caliber. Do you have any thing in mind, yet? Let me put in a request for my son-in-law and me for high BC 125 to 130 grainers.

I've been following this a few days and have not noticed any requests for .264/6.5 caliber. Do you have any thing in mind, yet? Let me put in a request for my son-in-law and me for high BC 125 to 130 grainers.

If I were to pick a favorite caliber it would have to be 6.5. 125 to 130 grain is probably not going to work in anything slower than 8 twist. And with the ones that we have tried that are really slick need 7 twist. Be sure that 6.5 is the top of our list. We have more 6.5's to test with than any other cal. This is the stuff that gets my motor running. Then I have to remember that very few people, in relative terms, have a 7 twist let alone and 8 twist. Factory barrels are very limiting. I guess all we need is everyone with a 7 twist on board.:D

Steve

I won't put a 7 twist on if I don't have a heavy for cal high BC bullet that will rock it, build the bullets and guys will change out barrels but until then my 8 twists are easily shooting the best 140gr mono I can get my hands on, currently :D
If we're throwing out wish lists, 140+ gr 6.5, 160 gr .277, 200+ 308, 300+ 338 and then we have the 400ish 375, light for cal bullets have zero interest whatsoever been down that road won't repeat it again!!
If you want to turn some heads in the target line make a 105+ 6mm bullet that will shoot like a raped ape in a 6 Dasher!http://www.longrangehunting.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I have a couple 8" twist. We have some hotrod 6.5mm's. My two have 8" twist and he has a 9" twist. But he fires Scenar 123's at 3,800 so maybe the RPM might get him there.