Budget friendly mono bullets/ammo from Georgia

I tend to go the higher bc route, it's MY preference. For those who choose to go with monos I bet one way to offset the bullet prices is to find a similar BC bullet for target shooting. I bet a spitzer cup and core would be close.

I have experience with maker bullets and have always been very happy with them. Shot deer under 100 yards and at 350 yards bullets have worked every time. Small sample size on the rifle bullets. I talked to pual and he custom built bullets for my 500 JRH lever action I use for hog hunting. Those I have a lot of experience with have never had a bullet failure. Paul is easy to deal with.these are a few I recovered that were in my tool box at work.

Attachments

• 20220110_083615.jpg
    20220110_083615.jpg
    867 KB · Views: 76
Paul at Maker Bullets is a great guy. We met at a couple of shows here in MT to benefit wounded Special Operations Warriors. He was very helpful to us when we were 1st learning how to machine a bullet. In fact, I spoke with him a couple of months ago. Because of his willingness to help us we would pay the same respect forward.

Paul at Maker Bullets is a great guy. We met at a couple of shows here in MT to benefit wounded Special Operations Warriors. He was very helpful to us when we were 1st learning how to machine a bullet. In fact, I spoke with him a couple of months ago. Because of his willingness to help us we would pay the same respect forward.
Steve,

This is quite an excellent response. I am sure it is with mutual respect between you two. Cheers!

Ed

P.S.

I hope this response can serve as an example for all of us to follow. Respect seems to be a dying attribute lately and we can all use a humble reminder.

Last edited:
The firearms industry is a small group and word gets around. If people go around meat mouthing someone it gets noticed and remembered. As do people on the good gal/guy list.

You can be competitors and still respect each other and help each other. This speaks volumes of both men and both companies!!!😍

Always nice to see a class act I myself own a business and will never speak ill of a competitor even if it is warranted its just a chickens--t way to try and gain business I commend you on your business ethics and customer service and a mighty fine product

Steve,

This is quite an excellent response. I am sure it is with mutual respect between you two. Cheers!

Ed

P.S.

I hope this response can serve as an example for all of us to follow. Respect seems to be a dying attribute lately and we can all use a humble reminder.
Amen brother👍

Swamplord can you give me some information on what you coated the bullets with?
While I cannot speak directly for Swamplord and the exact product that he used, the text at the end of the video (in at least 2 places that I saw) referenced WS2 coated bullets. WS2 is Tungsten Disulfide.

Here's a link to give you an idea of what that is - however, let me be clear that I have no idea if this is the exact product he used, I'm simply including a link to the material - not the brand or the source that might have been utilized for his loads.

I hope that makes sense, and is of some use.

While I cannot speak directly for Swamplord and the exact product that he used, the text at the end of the video (in at least 2 places that I saw) referenced WS2 coated bullets. WS2 is Tungsten Disulfide.

Here's a link to give you an idea of what that is - however, let me be clear that I have no idea if this is the exact product he used, I'm simply including a link to the material - not the brand or the source that might have been utilized for his loads.

I hope that makes sense, and is of some use.

Yup, that be the stuff ...... of dreams .. reduces erratic pressure spikes, normalizes/standardizes velocity shot to shot for that elusive one hole group !

And, I'll say pre-emptively that I could very easily have been misreading Jeremy Henderson's question. It occurred to me as soon as I hit the post button that it is entirely (highly) possible that Jeremy knew full-well what WS2 was, and was simply trying to track down Swamplord's vendor or to get additional info on the WS2 that Swamplord uses.

I didn't mean to jump in when not needed, and hopefully my post wasn't 100% in vain. 😆

Sorry @FEENIX if I have derailed in any way