New Mono Bullet

I won't put a 7 twist on if I don't have a heavy for cal high BC bullet that will rock it, build the bullets and guys will change out barrels but until then my 8 twists are easily shooting the best 140gr mono I can get my hands on, currently :D
If we're throwing out wish lists, 140+ gr 6.5, 160 gr .277, 200+ 308, 300+ 338 and then we have the 400ish 375, light for cal bullets have zero interest whatsoever been down that road won't repeat it again!!
If you want to turn some heads in the target line make a 105+ 6mm bullet that will shoot like a raped ape in a 6 Dasher!

You have an unfair advantage running around in God's Country at 7000ft elevation.:D

Steve

Yes they are cnc cut. Kind of makes the sky the limit as to what we can design.

Steve

Thank you, that's precisely what I wanted to hear. In contrary to copper - pressed bullets, CNC - cut bullets typically provide higher velocities while using the same amount of powder due to less friction. Further on are they not as hard on the barrels either. The higher costs for the product are worthwhile in this respect anyway.

If I were to pick a favorite caliber it would have to be 6.5. 125 to 130 grain is probably not going to work in anything slower than 8 twist. And with the ones that we have tried that are really slick need 7 twist. Be sure that 6.5 is the top of our list. We have more 6.5's to test with than any other cal. This is the stuff that gets my motor running. Then I have to remember that very few people, in relative terms, have a 7 twist let alone and 8 twist. Factory barrels are very limiting. I guess all we need is everyone with a 7 twist on board.:D

Steve

If you are producing a mono, expanding bullet that will expand*at long range on a lung shot, but*still retain 70+% of its weight at close range on bone . In 140 grain 6.5 with a bc similar to the 140 Berger VLD. I will gladly have a 1 in 7" twist barrel screwed on.
My interests are 6.5 and 338, 9.3 , 375+416.

I'm curious what the highest bc you could get in. 366 cal. With a 1 in 12" twist. Mv 2600 fps or better?
Thank you.
Even a 130+ gr 6.5 that will stabilize in a 1 in 8" twist 2700 fps mv. That can be loaded in a short action 6.5 Creedmoor. . You would get my business.

If you are producing a mono, expanding bullet that will expand*at long range on a lung shot, but*still retain 70+% of its weight at close range on bone . In 140 grain 6.5 with a bc similar to the 140 Berger VLD. I will gladly have a 1 in 7" twist barrel screwed on.
My interests are 6.5 and 338, 9.3 , 375+416.

I'm curious what the highest bc you could get in. 366 cal. With a 1 in 12" twist. Mv 2600 fps or better?
Thank you.
Even a 130+ gr 6.5 that will stabilize in a 1 in 8" twist 2700 fps mv. That can be loaded in a short action 6.5 Creedmoor. . You would get my business.

We don't plan to calc bc's. So if we make a bullet that we can not shoot our selves we will have someone shoot it for us. My intention with bc is to get as close as we can by shooting the bullet so that our customers can get on target. BC's are such a variable that changes with so many things. I have watched and been part of some giant discussions here and don't want get involved in that shouting match. The design that we have patented so far with our testing is proving to increase bc over the same exact form of bullet with out our design. So it is showing promise to be a higher bc bullet than others. The fact that we came up with something that actually works I think is amazing. Everything that you can think of in the firearms industry was already done 100 years ago.

So I believe that we will be able to offer a bullet of higher bc than others. Is it night and day difference? No. It seems to be making about a 10% increase. I think that is huge, but hey, it was my idea.:) This is way in it's infancy, so I am not nor will I ever claim a magic bullet. I can't wait till we can get these out to everyone so I can get feedback from this community on LRH that I trust. We will be taking some to Kirby in the next couple weeks. I will also be getting some in the hands of the guys at Nemo soon. When we have a comprehensive line up we will try to get them into Bryan Litz hands so that he can test them.

I am sure that I am jumping the gun here. I hate not being able to let the cat out of the bag. I have been biting my tongue since last fall about what we have been working on. This is a pretty big achievement for me since I can never wait till Christmas to tell people what I got them. I thought that we would have bullets out to people to shoot last hunting season. Hopefully this summer we will have them out.

Steve

You say cnc lathe but I would be interested in knowing the exact machine you are using to make these bullets. I am a machinist/programmer and the making the chips fly is what gets me going. I have many times thought of making some bullets for my self. Is this lathe a Swiss stlye lathe? Just trying to get an idea of the quality you will be capable of, also what type of quality control are you using, maybe not type but how are you making sure each bullet is in tolerance. And what is that tolerance if you don't mind sharing.

You say cnc lathe but I would be interested in knowing the exact machine you are using to make these bullets. I am a machinist/programmer and the making the chips fly is what gets me going. I have many times thought of making some bullets for my self. Is this lathe a Swiss stlye lathe? Just trying to get an idea of the quality you will be capable of, also what type of quality control are you using, maybe not type but how are you making sure each bullet is in tolerance. And what is that tolerance if you don't mind sharing.

Using an Omniturn. Not as fast as Swiss machine, but I can get 4 of them for the price of one Swiss. 4 to 1 it is quite a bit faster. Tolerance is easy to .0002" and generally the dummy, me, running the mic is the problem. Checking dia, and weight on ea bullet works great.

Steve

My intention with bc is to get as close as we can by shooting the bullet so that our customers can get on target. BC's are such a variable that changes with so many things.
When we have a comprehensive line up we will try to get them into Bryan Litz hands so that he can test them.
Steve

Just want to throw some encouragement in this direction, for me and if a bullet has a Litz spec sheet on it that right there is a selling point for me. When I open up Applied Ballistics and pull YOUR bullet from the library I'm loven them already!!

We are at the point with the tools we've developed for optics tracking, chronographs and range finders we can take a solid Litz BC and I will see a few fps tune at 1000 yards then a slight curve tune at transonic from a 100 yard zero, very few bullets are needed to get a solid trajectory which would be a great benefit for someone making a bullet that has more productions cost, Litz G7 BC's are MONEY!!!!
http://www.longrangehunting.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Rocky ; that's cool. More and more outfits are making great 375 bullets but not many are making 9.3 bullets. Which is understandable. If just a personal favorite that I wanted to plug for.

Don't let any thing out info wise before its time. Take care of your business and your business will take care of you is what I learned, The hard way.
Look forward to seeing these come out!

It has been one heck of a journey. If we had known how hard it was going to be, we wouldn't have done it. We have literally been blessed by God with our success. If it were not for devine intervention we would have failed shortly after I started this thread. As difficult as it has been getting to where we are today, we wouldn't change a thing.

On this day of Thanksgiving, I must thank all of you for your help and support. Here's to the future!