Mono test?

cohunt

Anyone have similar weight tipped mono bullets from different manufactures they can test?

We have had quite a few threads lately about what is better.

I wonder if someone like barbourcreek could do some accuracy/speed/bc/and expansion-gel testing on like weight monos. We could compare petal on- vs off designs , accuracy, and speeds with like powder charges.

I'm sure the tests wouldn't be "perfect" but it would be a baseline for making decisions

if someone could do these tests, members could send test bullets to make it easier for the tester.

Some examples would be badlands, cutting edge, hammer, Barnes, hornady, etc.

Does anyone have the range and ballistic gel to do something like this? I'd be willing to send some sample bullets if we can figure out some baseline specs to start with.

Last edited:
The drought locally has our hog population somewhat suppressed, but if anyone has a request I would be happy to do some sort of test this fall when they are easier to locate on our crops. I have rifles in cals .224, 6mm, .257, 6.5, .277, .284, .308, and .458, all in multiple options. PM me and if I don't have some data on what you're looking for, maybe I will load some or you can send me a few of what you are interested in and I will try to shoot something asap, with pictures and data. I used to do alot of terminal ballistics data but work has kept me away too much the past few years. I am getting back to my old normal and hope to get back behind the trigger.