Badlands 6.5 125 gr mono

Hespco

Today I received in the mail the 100 Badlands 6.5 125gr bullets. Will be the first part of next week before I can do some shooting. Will let you know at least about accuracy.
Bullets 012.JPG
https://badlandsprecision.com/

Last edited:
Hey Cody. I have several 6.5's but have decided to start with my 6.5x06; It has proven to be very accurate with other bullets. It has an E.R. Shaw 24" stainless Bbl with 1/8 twist. It drives the Nosler 140gr AB to 3075 fps with Rel 26, & tiny groups. So will see. I'm a bit frustrated because I will have to wait to the first part of next week to start.

Well at least ya got something to look forward too!! I would guess your load will be 3150-3200 or so, since they pressure up a little sooner I would go off of 130, maybe 140 load data, velocity will probably be similar to a 130.

I wonder if this is the original bc one or if he has redesigned the 6.5 125 yet? Will be interesting to see what the BC is once they are redesigned. They are pretty sleek looking as is. Once the bc is improved some, it may likely be a top performer in the 6.5 bore....With the improvements coming on the other badlands bullets, I wouldn't be suprised to see a bc rivaling the 140 Bergers, but with the added velocity of the 125, the added penetration of a mono, and a bullet that expands well down to 1800 fps with his redesigned hollow point. All those things could significantly increase the big game capability of the 6.5 bore.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.