Most accurate non custom

My current line up of rifles:

Sako A7 in .243
Tikka T3 in 6.5 X 55
Tikka T3 in 6.5 PRC
Browning Western Hunter in 280 AI

I have others, but I think these sort of fit the bill for what you are looking for. All 4 shoot factory ammo very well. The Sako shoots 90 gr Nosler AB ammo so well it's almost not worth it to reload. I can easily say the same about the Tikka 6.5 x 55, but I get a little better accuracy with reloads. The Browning 280 AI shoots Nosler ammo, 160 gr partion and 160 gr AB, as well as the Sako shoots. The Tikka 6.5 PRC is new so I'm still testing factory ammo to see what bullet it likes best, but it does shoot Norma 143gr Bondstrike ammo well enough to ring steel out to 500 meters.

I did have a Tikka T3 Superlite in .300 WM and had a gunsmith thread the barrel and add a custom radial brake. It would shoot 180 gr Nosler AB factory ammo very well. Like a tight 3 shot cloverleaf group at 200 yds. Probably should have kept this one, LOL.
The nice thing about a Tikka, if you don't like the factory stock and want to stick with a traditional hunting style stock, you can dress it up with one from Bell & Carlson for around $300. You can also add a custom bolt handle & knob from Atlasworx or Mountain Tactical for about $75.
Pictured are the 6.5 X 55 with a B&C stock and custom bolt handle/knob from Atlasworxs and the all stock Browning 280 AI.
Outstanding. Kick myself as there was a closeout sale on some beautiful Sakos a couple years ago - for under $1,000. Dang - didn't pill the trigger fast enuff and they were gone like the wind.

Tikka. Drop it in a KRG or Grayboe stock of your choice. Well under budget, and will hang with almost anything out there in accuracy, and have a smoother action than most.

I'd take a 3/4 moa tikka over a 1/2moa savage all day, just for the action. It's that much nicer.
They both have a locking bolt. Something I prefer on a hunting rifle. You won't get that on any of the R700 clones, Bergara, Springfield etc.

Just my 2c….buy a used Winchester, rebarrel it. Go to the LGS see which ammo is most common, chamber for that caliber.
This is an odd concept for me. Let what ever the LGS has on the shelf decide your chambering? A year ago that would have been 350 legend here. Especially with hundreds of places to get ammo online for cheaper.

Ok I was able to visit in nearby gun dealer and he had a few different brands that I was curious if anyone has experience about with. They are Bergara, Benneli, Franchi. He spoke highly of each one of those, but I was curious if anyone has been around any of these rifles?
Can't say anything about any but the Bergara. Have a HMR-PRO 300 WM out of box breaking in under 100 Rounds down range. Small Bore target reduced for shooting at 50', Shot at 100 yds. Again, just breaking in

Attachments

• BE17B959-C1C0-49BB-AC4B-2B8AEA589797.jpeg
    BE17B959-C1C0-49BB-AC4B-2B8AEA589797.jpeg
    573.4 KB · Views: 59
  • A87E8CE7-E91B-4F1C-A665-3AE8E22F049D.jpeg
    A87E8CE7-E91B-4F1C-A665-3AE8E22F049D.jpeg
    377.6 KB · Views: 67
For a low budget option, I have had several Ruger American 6.5 CM that shoot in the .2's and .3's at 100yards. My brother in law has a Ruger American 300WM that shoots .5's and .6s" groups at 100 yards. If u shop around for components, you can build an amazing rifle for $2k. Look at other barrel makes, such as Douglas or McGowen, and so on. Check out some of the custom actions that are on the lower side of price, like big horn origin, or Gun Werks GRB… triggers then consider a Timney, magpul hunter stock, and so on. You can build a custom rifle around the 2k range that shoots bug holes and then upgrade parts if you choose through out you life. Don't get me wrong, I'm in the process of building one of those $5k+ rifles, but I have my fair share of budget rifles that shoot bug holes. I forgot to mention that the Ruger rifles have been upgraded with triggers and either stiffened the factory stocks or new stocks. Also, seating depth testing to tune accuracy or work up your own loads if you reload.

Good luck! You always have options if you can do some stuff yourself.

I guess I'll throw Remington into the mix lol. My buddies Rem 700 Long Range 300 Win Mag is a shooter. And that one is from the really poor QC era. The new ones are supposed to be held to much tighter tolerances, but I haven't handled one yet. His shoots under a half moa. For some reason I can't post a picture of his 0.152" group right now.

Attachments

• JT's 300WM.jpeg
    JT's 300WM.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 40
Looking for first hand experiences. Don't have the funds for true custom but I've seen too many chime in on other threads about their non custom guns shooting amazing. Some of the brands I've seen thrown around are Sauer,Seekins,Fierce,even Tikka etc . My budget is in the 2k range without glass. I'm looking for a 7 mag or 300 mag. Anyway would love your advice based on experience.
Thanks!
My feedback is, have an old Savage (fully bedded, timney trigger,, limbsaver) 300 win Mag 110 before re-barreled it was a consistent sub-MOA gun and with the Federal 180grn nosler partition solid 0.5" at 100-200 yards after re-barreled to a 338 win mag shoots through same hole at 100 yards with 265grn LRaccubond hand-load. Recently bought (was on sale with rebate) a Christiansen Arm new Mesa 300 win Mag 0.3 MOA during break-in with 200 grn ELDX. The others you may want to consider at your price point is Weatherby, they make 300 WM and 7 MM RM in their Mark V along with the 300 and 7mm Weatherby Mags. I have an Bergara in an HMR, that shoots through the same hole with another caliber at 100-200 yards. Out of the choices you have identified, I would lean towards Seekins was out of stock when I bought the CA. I don't think you can go wrong, have fun. If you have buyers remorse, you can always buy another. I am currently looking at a Weatherby Mark V hunter either in 6.5 RPM or 6.5x 300.

My number 1 choice of production rifles is WBY, but I don't think they are within your price range of $2K. However my second and near first is Browning. They offer a MARK III BAR 300 W for under $1600. I have a BAR 243 that shoots quite accurately. Number 3 is first gun I ever owned; a Winchester 290 then a few years latter a Model 94 Classic 30-30. Not a long range gun but up to 300 yards very accurate. I am a firm believer in accuracy is about 40% knowing the gun and how it shoots and what it is capable of. You learn little secrets about a gun that you have owned and used for a long time, and I've used this Model 94 for over 50 years. So any name brand Winchester, Browning, Ruger, Henry are all good choices. Don't over think the process.

Seekins is an obvious choice for me. Savages have always treaded me well also and they cost around half of what a seekins costs. Personally, I think there is enough additional value in the seekins to justify the higher price. I am having a custom rifle built right now and I have my fingers crossed that it can out shoot my seekins.

My howa 22-250 out shoots my model 70 and friends xbolt in the same caliber.

My 2 most accurate are an FN 308 and my Tika t3x in 308.

I'd look at Tika or Seekins. I would've gotten a Seekins if they offered a shorter barrel in the base model havaks. I'm very happy with the Tika though.

Bergaras are nice and shoot well but are relatively heavy until you spend a decent amount.

A couple people mentioned the waypoint and I think they're really nice for the price, but aren't available in the calibers you mentioned.

Recent Posts