Mod 700 problem

lyle2231

Evening all, need a little help, chambered in 6mmBr. Resized 1x fired brass from same gun (Lapua) now the bolt won't close. Drop the resized brass into a Wilson gauge, no problems. Tried the same brass in my buddy's gun no problems. Come back home
try in my gun no good. New Norma brass no problem. Resized 1x Norma brass no problem. I'm stumped.

Fits into a Wilson case gauge, falls out no problem. Put it in gun, bolt won't close.
That's the Lapua. Try the Norma no problem.
Your case gauge and/or your buddy's gun aren't the same size as your chamber. Put your calipers just above the web on some new lapua, some fired lapua, some resized lapua and the piece of Norma to get comparative measurements. While you're at it, get some measurements on the shoulder from new, fired, and resized brass to get some comparative numbers to go off of.

Evening all, need a little help, chambered in 6mmBr. Resized 1x fired brass from same gun (Lapua) now the bolt won't close. Drop the resized brass into a Wilson gauge, no problems. Tried the same brass in my buddy's gun no problems. Come back home
try in my gun no good. New Norma brass no problem. Resized 1x Norma brass no problem. I'm stumped.
Check out Jeff's video; he did an excellent job addressing/correcting the issue in a short video. You can probably start at the 2-minute mark.

Good luck!

Ed

Last edited: