Maybe I don’t hate the 6.5 CM

It really doesn't matter to anyone but the person that shoots it. If it works great for them, all is good. There are certainly a large number of 6.5 Creedmoor fans. Sometimes I just get annoyed with some of the young bucks making claims of unworldly feats with CM.
I get it and get annoyed by that as well. But to all the haters out there and I am not calling you a hater Mark, hating the cartridge because of some over zealous character spouting off ridiculous nonsense is similar to blaming the gun for gun violence. It is a fine shooting cartridge in a number of calibers for all the reasons mentioned by those who appreciate it for what it is.

I could never understand hatred towards the Creedmoor. There's nothing to hate.... be like hating the pram your neighbours kid pushes her doll around in...
There isn't hatred directly toward the cartridge. It's towards the marketing and supporter club espousing mythological powers of the 6.5 CM. I, and probably everyone here, like having options. The more the merrier. Be real and be honest. No cartridge is great at everything. Unfortunately, the vocal portion of the CM crowd doesn't accept this.
In my stable, there zero need or want for the CM, but I'm very happy when someone has their gun achieve great results.

So, I have had a long term aversion to owning a 6.5 creedmoor but decided to give one a try. I trade for an almost new Bergara B14 Ridge. This rifle is well balanced and well put together as I would expect from Bergara. Mounted my Vortex Viper 4-16x44 HS LR and headed to the range after a quick bore sight. Took a few to dial it in but after 20 rounds, I am really overall impressed. Low recoil, tight groups, the trigger is amazing and it was just a pleasure to shoot from the bench. I have been a .308/30-06 fan for my whole life. I may have found my new favorite.
Welcome to the Dark side! Hahaha
I find that folks that can't kill game with a 6.5 probably could make a good shot with any caliber anyway so take the manbun comments in stride. At least we have hair and can shoot.
Glad you enjoy the begara it's a great platform.

The only problem really with the 6.5CM is a bunch of the moron fan boys who jumped on it early and then tried to convince everyone it was some sort of miracle round you could kill Rhinos and Elephants with all day long at a mile.

Like a lot of other things, the only thing wrong with it is people.
I agree. I have larger calibers up to .458 Lott. I am looking a few years in the future when I will be shooting paper targets in lieu of fur. My 6.5 is accurate, and fun to shoot. It is also inexpensive to feed. Before I received numerous "man bun" retorts, you are welcome to sit behind the Lott until you run out of ammo. For me the 6.5 is good for paper. If I want to hunt for anything larger than deer or pronghorns, I will go to a a larger caliber.

I'm holding out til the Libturds bring out electric rifles with Rainbow extension cords.
Remington attempted an electronic ignition rifle several years ago. We had one in the store. Weird primer setup on the rounds too, if I remember correctly. I don't remember what became of that rifle we had. I dont think anyone paid good money for it though, lol.

I own three 6.5's but not the creedmoor. The saum, 6.5x47L and the grendel are all great the saum being my fav. I have always thought hating the creedmoor was kind of childish. Maybe I'll build a creed one day but the ballistics are so close to the 47 I think I'll just save the money. btw I am not a 308 hater, I may do a ar10 one day.
I love my gredels ! Its a fun little round in the ar15 platform and a whitetail dropping machine ! The 6.5 creed is my BIG gun , lol !
My new 6arc boltaction upper for my pet AR15 is suppose to be here Monday . I'm gonna push that one pretty hard since I don't need to worry about the semi bolt being thin. Im hoping for close to 2900fps with 100+ grain hunting bullets . Will likely try some 88gr hammers too.

+ 1 for its not the round its the people. Overnight the creedmore made everyone an "out of the box 1000 yard shooter" and they're taking that mentality out with their first elk/deer tags and no instruction or education on ballistics or terminalperformance. I believe that and it wasn't doing anything that rounds already out on the market weren't already doing so it was a hard sell for anyone that has ever owned a .260 or 6.5-284.
I wanted to rebbarrel my shot out custom short action 300 WSM to a .260 AI and my gunsmith tried to talk me in to a creedmore, we settled on a 6.5 PRC, I have no regrets. That being said, I have a pretty good pile of R26 and may have to take a closer look at a creedmore if it really does work that well in it.
I'll tell you that RL26 is just magic in the Creed. Had a friend from this website convince me to try it and he was correct on the velocities you can achieve. It kinda ticked me off, since I was now achieving similar velocities to my 6.5-284 Norma with the same bullet. When the Norma needs a new barrel, I'm going to make it into a 6.5-280AI since the Creed is filling the niche the Norma used to take

So, I have had a long term aversion to owning a 6.5 creedmoor but decided to give one a try. I trade for an almost new Bergara B14 Ridge. This rifle is well balanced and well put together as I would expect from Bergara. Mounted my Vortex Viper 4-16x44 HS LR and headed to the range after a quick bore sight. Took a few to dial it in but after 20 rounds, I am really overall impressed. Low recoil, tight groups, the trigger is amazing and it was just a pleasure to shoot from the bench. I have been a .308/30-06 fan for my whole life. I may have found my new favorite.
I like mine a lot. It's a Ruger PR and with hand loads, it shoots extremely well as long as I do my part. I know that folks at the range prefer it to my 338 LM. When I bring that cannon to shoot, folks avoid me like the plague, which is fine since I'm not that much of a "people person" these days.

This is my new bergara 6.5 creedmoor. Like it so far but having trouble finding what she like to eat.
Try Berger 130gr hybrid otm. Mine shoots lights out. My load for this is 42gr IMR 4451, Federal GM205M. They like a jump (0.020 - 0.030). If you are using H 4350, that gun likes 42.5gr. Either will give around 2900fps in that barrel and 0.25-0.40 MOA.
Good Luck and enjoy,
Daryl

It's not the best at anything, but it's pretty darn good at everything. Hard to beat as an all around "do everything" cartridge when you factor in cost, downrange energy, sectional density, trajectory, recoil, accuracy, etc. From varmints to elk, it will get the job done, and it's a ton of fun to shoot. (Can't really say the same for my 7lb .300 win mag!) There are plenty of similar cartridges, but the popularity of the Creedmoor means it's here to stay and will continue to have supply available as much as any other cartridge.