May Want To Stock Up On Reloading Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I just yesterday received a brick of Fed210m LR primers from Midway and they were 129.99. Without the extra 50.00 added on for the excessive taxes and shipping, Hazmat fees. But it's available, that's why you buy it right!!
At my LGS they have federal 210's for $16 per hundred. Talk about trying to gouge people! Thankfully I don't need any.

A few weeks ago I was browsing all the local stores for powder and primers, all primers were either small pistol or small rifle. Powder was going for $59 which I thought was nuts until I read this thread so out I went and bought 2 lbs. each of my favorite rifle and pistol powder's . At sportsman's warehouse a golden moment happened, while browsing the aisle I looked up and BAM! RL26 was staring me in the face, I looked left and right to see if anyone else was in the aisle, nope, only me. I grabbed all 4lbs, went up to the counter expecting someone to tap me on the shoulder and say, sorry sir, only 1 lb per customer but nope and checked out. I felt so fricking guilty buying it but I got over it. Now I have it hidden in the house. $59 each. My luck runs hot or cold, that day I should have bought a lottery ticket.

Early last year I "loaned" a brick of win LRP to a shooter at my range. I've never seen him again!!!
I've met some good people at the range but I don't think I would trust any of them enough for a brick of primers
Last weekend a couple guys needed a hex head so I let them use my set. After walking back from the 200 yard targets I noticed they left. My hex set was sitting on the far bench. Didn't bother setting it on my bench or a thank you. I guess I should be happy that they didn't steal it.

I've met some good people at the range but I don't think I would trust any of them enough for a brick of primers
Last weekend a couple guys needed a hex head so I let them use my set. After walking back from the 200 yard targets I noticed they left. My hex set was sitting on the far bench. Didn't bother setting it on my bench or a thank you. I guess I should be happy that they didn't steal it.
I've been fortunate to get advice from some excellent shooters at the range I go to. The knowledge gained from them has been invaluable. As my supplies are now stocked and my shelves full, I can afford to depart with a few items now and then. I've seen people there with $10,000 guns with $6000 scopes attached that have a hard time ringing the 400 yd 14x14 gong and wonder what satisfaction they are achieving missing 1/2 their shots at that distance. And another fellow that I see there every other week takes aim at the 1700 yd 24X24 target and plasters it dead center on his second try. And the round he was shooting was a 6.5X55 swede. A few shots per week keeps me in hunting form and helps prevent tracking a wounded elk into some god forsaken place. I will probably "loan" another brick to the next person at the range - it is not a big deal to me.

I've been fortunate to get advice from some excellent shooters at the range I go to. The knowledge gained from them has been invaluable. As my supplies are now stocked and my shelves full, I can afford to depart with a few items now and then. I've seen people there with $10,000 guns with $6000 scopes attached that have a hard time ringing the 400 yd 14x14 gong and wonder what satisfaction they are achieving missing 1/2 their shots at that distance. And another fellow that I see there every other week takes aim at the 1700 yd 24X24 target and plasters it dead center on his second try. And the round he was shooting was a 6.5X55 swede. A few shots per week keeps me in hunting form and helps prevent tracking a wounded elk into some god forsaken place. I will probably "loan" another brick to the next person at the range - it is not a big deal to me.
You are a good person. It's unfortunate that some others aren't.

I bought 3000 win lrp about a week ago for $89.99/1000 at my local Cabela's. Now if I can only find that price on mag primers.
They are out there; one needs to get lucky, though. 🤣 Timing is everything. Below is what I got from North 40 last November.
1707480422245.png

I have also traded LRPs to Magnums locally.

Attachments

• 1707480377379.png
    1707480377379.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
They are out there; one needs to get lucky, though. 🤣 Timing is everything. Below is what I got from North 40 last November.
View attachment 542004
I have also traded LRPs to Magnums locally.
I bought a brick of CCI mag primers from a member here at a very reasonable price. I had to drive a ways to meet him but it was well worth the trip especially since I got a couple pounds of varget also.
Getting lucky and timing is the name of the game nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts