May Want To Stock Up On Reloading Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csbc4fun

I commend Powder Valley for their honesty, telling us powder prices are going up significantly. Today, I received their email talking about powder prices increasing. Lapua also notified customers that some cartridge production will be suspended to support military production. My 6.5x284 was specifically noted as "Suspended".

I consider the purchase of all components required to shoot out the barrel as part of ordering a the new barrel and put a priority on acquiring them all at the same time. So I'm Okay for the short term. I'm in the camp of, "Getting them when they are available is NOT hoarding".

How much is the right quantity of inventory for you…?

There are always a lot of complaints on this forum about high prices. Which one is worse, current prices or "unobtainium"…?

IMG_0871.jpeg

I broke-down and made an order (Blue Collar Reloading) this morning. It's not one of the impossible to get powders ( 8 pounds of H 110), but I'm pretty certain that it won't get any cheaper!

Now I can keep my magnum handguns well-fed for the rest of my life! 😉 memtb

I commend Powder Valley for their honesty, telling us powder prices are going up significantly. Today, I received their email talking about powder prices increasing. Lapua also notified customers that some cartridge production will be suspended to support military production. My 6.5x284 was specifically noted as "Suspended".

I consider the purchase of all components required to shoot out the barrel as part of ordering a the new barrel and put a priority on acquiring them all at the same time. So I'm Okay for the short term. I'm in the camp of, "Getting them when they are available is NOT hoarding".

There are always a lot of complaints on this forum about high prices. Which one is worse, current prices or "unobtainium"…?

View attachment 531719
Wonder how they picked "6.5 x 284" to suspend It's a great cartridge. Early last year they were around or less the $100. for 100. Then the end of 2023 they went up to $167.00. Glad when I thought about building a 6.5x284 several years ago we bought enough brass to shoot out 1/2 dozen + barrels. Will prep the brass properly and anneal with an AMP. Our 6.5x284 Lapua Brass should out last us.

View attachment 531719
This is where proper Brass prep/care come into play. Take care of your brass and it will take care of you. By the time I stop shooting the only thing I should have left is useable BRASS. All the bullets, primers, and powder should be shot up.

We've been through the peaks and valleys of this since 08'. It seems the difference now is lack of components…well, maybe we don't see some stuff ever again kind of lack of components. We also have wars we're supporting without any of our troops on the ground and there's major shortages?

IDK, but I keep thinking WW3 is coming soon. They always start in Europe and my gut tells me Ukraine is battle one of the greater war coming.

Something doesn't smell right to me.

I wonder what "significant" means? It must mean way more than the jacked up prices paid during the "shortage vs price" experiment we just went thru.

Or, our dollar is worth much less than it was 3 years ago and prices of all materials, shipping, utilities for manufacturing, and in many places labor………I'm not at all surprised with price increases. Disappointed Yes……Surprised No! memtb

Last edited:
We've been through the peaks and valleys of this since 08'. It seems the difference now is lack of components…well, maybe we don't see some stuff ever again kind of lack of components. We also have wars we're supporting without any of our troops on the ground and there's major shortages?

IDK, but I keep thinking WW3 is coming soon. They always start in Europe and my gut tells me Ukraine is battle one of the greater war coming.

Something doesn't smell right to me.

Ukraine/Russia is something to be concerned with……I really fear that it will kick-off in the Middle East! memtb

Status
Not open for further replies.