May Want To Stock Up On Reloading Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of felt that powder prices would have gone down. I was wrong. That was because of everything else keeps going up at the same time. It's across the board in cost increases.
People's income is not keeping up with the inflation rate presently. So that why I felt prices would come down. Do I believe that prices are high in reloading components yes. They have raised do to created shortagest and buyers buying everything sight. The Fed's aren't helping anything either. IRS have been purchasing ammo by the millions of dollars every year. I didn't realize they have been in any gun fights either.
I know it took me over a year to get H1000, and other powder from the net. Primers I am still after in some types. If they show up they are gone in split second. 🙁. A day late and a dollar short!
Now I will have to look at my powder stocks, and figure out if I need or should have to purchase additional to add to whatever stocks I have.
Parts of the problems the need or requirements of different components to develop a round for your firearm(s).
I noted that years ago that brass was in bags of 100 or so. Now you can get brass in 250 to 500 lots. The prices have gone out of sight too.
Maybe we are our own worst enemy here. The quest to get same lots of brass, primers, powder with same lot numbers. I don't disagree with that, but again are we creating our own problems.

I respectfully disagree. All costs are going up always. (So are salaries) That is business. What is new is telling (gaslighting) your customers in an effort to create quick demand and an acceptance buffer.

Screw them and the rest of these lazy companies….btw, I'm normally a huge Powder Valley fan. To any company: Go to your shop floor. Open your eyes. Talk to your employees. See the waste. Fix it. Make more money.

Don't confuse this with the other message the big consultants are pumping out. Theirs is more like: Reevaluate the cost of each of your current benefits. Reduce the cost of current benefits by adjusting the cost vs benefit ratio. For example, if we subsidize you lunch by $1…..just eliminate the subsidy and allow the lunch provider to deliver more expensive premium options. Find benefit providers with higher rejection of benefit rates.

Outsource as many HR functions as possible. Fire employees through policy enforcement with a weighting related to the salary and last evaluation of the employee. Basically fire your experienced employees that are not getting your highest ratings.

The reason they are trying to pass off higher prices is probably due to the softness perceived in the demand side of the market due to the union negotiation success as well as the rest of the salary market getting a bump.

Odd H1000 has just been reduced by ~$4 per lb by Powder Valley. I wonder why they are having a sale.🧐
Salaries may be going up, but some of us are on more fixed incomes!

Just placed a pretty big order (big for me anyway). As long as I can foot the bill, I'm not going to suffer through another cycle of low personal inventory and not being able to get the stuff that I want or need. Plus, my son is 9 and will be 10 in a few months. He has hit the point that he likes to shoot.....A LOT!
My father blessed me when I was about twelve by telling me I could shoot all I wanted, all I had to do was reload all my own ammo. Then he made certain I always hade the components I needed. He did however, back me down from a press to the nylon hammer and "Lee Loader" dies When he came home from work and I had loaded 75 shot shells after school One day.

..the anti's have died and gone to heaven, they finally realized their dream of keeping the vast majority of the guns quiet and us off the range....and the reloading industry didn't even send them a bill.....an astonishing turn of events !!

Wonder how they picked "6.5 x 284" to suspend It's a great cartridge. Early last year they were around or less the $100. for 100. Then the end of 2023 they went up to $167.00. Glad when I thought about building a 6.5x284 several years ago we bought enough brass to shoot out 1/2 dozen + barrels. Will prep the brass properly and anneal with an AMP. Our 6.5x284 Lapua Brass should out last us.
Here is a communication from a "Capstone" representative. I should have posted this with the Powder Valley communication in the beginning of this thread. These two items came to my attention in the same few days. Hence, my post that you may want to check your stocking level and take appropriate action.

I would feel good with, "enough to shoot out six barrels or so. I'm not there yet, although I do take very good care of my brass, anneal every time, minimal sizing with bushing die, bump less than .002", only clean for 15 minutes to just get the lube off (don't care if they look used), trim length and chamfer in and out every time, stay 1.5-2 grains away from pressure, if they do hit the ground it's only for a minute while I spot where he went down!

Appreciate you….

Capstone…..
LAPUA 6.5X284 brass is currently on the "postponed production" list along with about 12 other LAPUA cartridge case offerings due to their concentration on military ammunition production to re stock depleted stocks of ammunition in Europe due to the war in the Ukraine. No word yet on when this production will be resumed. Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.