May Want To Stock Up On Reloading Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you've got what you need so you don't have to let them blackmail you into buying their crap anymore. I've had it with them, they've lied way too many times for me to ignore it anymore.
If you're low on powder I suggest go big 8lbs to get what you need, swallow hard when you hit order and get it over with, same with primers, get what you can if you're out or very low, and then shop around for the bullets. I've switched to Hammer Bullets and I'm very glad I did.
Granted I'm not a competition shooter nor a 1000 plus yd shooter where I need a ton of supplies, but my days of enriching them after the lies are over.
That's exactly where I am at.
The only powder I am on the hunt for is 7828ssc for my 7stw, before I got this rifle it was everywhere, not I can't find any 😡
I need up to 8lbs then I will feel better.

Cartridges with, SMALL Charges of Powder that "Can" get, the "Job Done" at Distance with, MUCH LESS Powder, will Become, MORE,.. Popular !
I'll bet you AIN'T Laughing at, my Puny, little,... 6.5 Creedmoor,.. NOW !!
A measley 43 grains of Powder, drives, a CHEAP Hornady ELD-M, 130 grainer, OVER,.. 2,800 FPS !
And 1,000 Yard Hits, on Steel, ARE,.. very, "doable"

Last edited:
1707949864125.png

As I suggested if you're low on powder go big 8lbs to get what you need, swallow hard when you hit order and get it over with, same with primers, get what you can if you're out or very low, and then shop around for the bullets.
I'd buy more primers just to have them if they weren't crazy, but I have quite a bit from years gone by and from a friend that turned me on to some repurposed primers, and he blessed me with some Rem 9.5 mag primers.

I've switched to Hammer Bullets for my hunting and d I'm very glad I did, at least every time I needed bullets I could order them instead of come back in 6 months maybe we'll have some by then. I may pay more, that depends on what I'm comparing it to, but they work and they work good. Do your part and they will do theirs.

Soooooo..... I should go buy the rest of those SPP at $50/1k.....
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssir
^^^^^THIS^^^^^

@RWE There's no limit on them up there, bro! Buy all you can at THAT price. It's all about preparing…..especially these days! I promise "The Law" won't get after you, either. 😉

I guess if everyone doesn't agree with you then they need to sit down and shut up, that ain't going to happen. Everyone has their opinion, even you, me & everyone else on LRH, but in all the times I didn't agree with you I did not attack you in the forum.
Please show me where I attacked you, or anyone, for that matter. I usually do direct quotes, such as in #152, but it is not an attack but rather sharing a fact.

Last edited:
I am real olde and have other ways to spend money to achieve valuable life experiences.

This has me shooting tiny little rounds like the .20P, .22-.250, & 6mm CM. The little .22-.250 loaded with a low G7 form factor bullet (75 ELDM) compares favorably with many other rounds burning 40% more powder in addition to $0.30 per bullet. I wish small rifle primer .22-.250 brass was available. This summer I plan to run .22-.250, 6mm CM, & 6.5 CM at 1,000 to appreciate differences.

I can remember loading up to 500-1000 rounds over a 2 week period, bucket of LC Match 7.62 range brass, primers for $25/1000, bullets 168 match $7 /100, & powder $3-4 per pound.

Last edited:
Cartridges with, SMALL Charges of Powder that "Can" get, the "Job Done" at Distance with, MUCH LESS Powder, will Become, MORE,.. Popular !
I'll bet you AIN'T Laughing at, my Puny, little,... 6.5 Creedmoor,.. NOW !!
A measley 43 grains of Powder, drives, a CHEAP Hornady ELD-M, 130 grainer, OVER,.. 2,800 FPS !
And 1,000 Yard Hits, on Steel, ARE,.. very, "doable"
This is like saying…look, my e car is really worth it now with these gas prices! 😝

J/k. I get your point. I just bought a .308 win for the same reason. But, I'd prefer the .308 over the 6.5 for hunting big game. YMMV

Forgive me Father for I have been known to whine, I have been known to bitch about politicians and even geo-political matters that I in no way can control... occasionally. Okay, maybe more than that but please forgive me.

That said, in my opinion, despite the prices of components, reloading - at this point - is more about being able to shoot when and how much I want because I can make my own ammo...

Buddies tell me and I see ads for some ammo that is relatively inexpensive for some applications (ie: 556/9mm for matches, etc) but I know a time, excuse me.... another time is coming when that ammo will be non-existent on the shelves. And if the democrats (and some republicans, you should hear some of the arse openings in West KY right now) win we may be restricted on components, ammo, etc. Redefining what certain guns are? Register? License? YEP, more than just talk, already writing it in proposed legislation.

I used to grin when the news would report that a gun was confiscated at such and such house of bad guy (maybe) and to our horror he had a stockpile of more than 200 rounds of ammo....

Now I keep my mouth shut. Except here obviously...

[dammit!!! forgive me Father....]
Amen! 🙏 👍😇

Status
Not open for further replies.