May Want To Stock Up On Reloading Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should slap myself for saying this but seeing Powder Valley pricing since the increase, they still are significantly less than during that COVID BS. Sounds like I'm saying it's ok. It's NOT. Everything is waay over priced today. Powder and components aren't any different. People didn't stop buying during COVID and won't now. Powder Valley has H1000 for 55.00 per pound right now. That's ridiculous and I sure hope things turn around but unfortunately I don't see that happening with anything. I think all the prices are staying and only going up regardless who's running the country. Companies and distributors have gotten use to the increase in profit and won't change that. I think those places are the issue. Taking advantage of consumers is the issue today.
So did the cost of your groceries go up since covid? Mine have. It's the same with manufacturing. Their raw material and labor costs are up so the price goes up. There is also still strong demand. Prices are not coming down.

..the only shortage in history where you can buy anything in any amount for the right price..simple..GREED !! I remember the gas shortages in the early 70's, you could only buy 10 gallons every other day based on the last digit of your license plate, odd or even.....gas shortly thereafter

No one is being forced to buy anything they are not willing and able to pay for the item or service. With regards to gas prices, people can walk, ride their bikes, car pool, use public transportation, limit unnecessary trips, prioritize, etc. I have done all these. Yes, it was tough, but you got to do what needs to be done to survive. I have a lot to be thankful for today, and count my blessings every day.

When I was stationed in the UK in 2000-2003, I experienced gas rationing and survived it. And yes, I remember the 7I0s too.
I was starting to comment and I see you already covered it very well.

Actually I paid $65 for a pound of benchmark last week.
That's the new normal.
Wish we were wrong but unfortunately it doesn't look that way. Primers are a minimum of 90.00 per brick and today, that's a deal. Before I paid 119.00 for a brick last year, I paid 49.99 for the bricks I bought about 3 years earlier. A year before that. 38.99.

That is 10 times, or 800% more than I was paying just 6 years ago. There is no way that manufacturing costs have risen that much in that short of a time. When are people going to wake up? :rolleyes:
I don't get it either, they have bent us over for almost a decade now and I'm tired of it. As I've said earlier I have what I need now, not what I want, but I'm through listening to their lies (previously) and enriching them (800 percent according to you is more than I can bare anymore).
They lied to us and for that I will only buy what I have to from here on out, which is going to be very little except for bullets.

I'm going with Hammer Bullets they've proven themselves to me, they are on the front line of new products. Plus you can speak to Steve just about anytime you want to get a heads up on a load if you need to.

What is scary is as high as stuff is now it might get a lot worse by the end of the year
I hope you've got what you need so you don't have to let them blackmail you into buying their crap anymore. I've had it with them, they've lied way too many times for me to ignore it anymore.
If you're low on powder I suggest go big 8lbs to get what you need, swallow hard when you hit order and get it over with, same with primers, get what you can if you're out or very low, and then shop around for the bullets. I've switched to Hammer Bullets and I'm very glad I did.
Granted I'm not a competition shooter nor a 1000 plus yd shooter where I need a ton of supplies, but my days of enriching them after the lies are over.

1707914649409.jpeg

1707914753538.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.