May Want To Stock Up On Reloading Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what "significant" means? It must mean way more than the jacked up prices paid during the "shortage vs price" experiment we just went thru.
Exactly what it was about: "Let's find out ....what the market will Bear". Create a false shortage,find out where the peak is, back off enough for folks to cheer and you there you have it....profits just went up 800%

Theatre two…..and while the world is preoccupied China will move on Taiwan! The next decade looks pretty rocky…..caused by America being "out to lunch" for the past 3 years! memtb
US has been out to lunch on international affairs for 30 years. I know--besides being a USAF fighter pilot I worked in international affairs. No rhyme, reason or logic, nor long term strategy...just knee jerk to answer the situation of the moment for votes and optics. Additionally, we are the least reliable allies ever--policy changes every four years--"sorry country X--it's just business".

Yup that's,.. Bull Chit !!!
I've SWITCHED over to,.. VhitaVouri N-150, N-160 and LOTS of, StaBall 65 as, ALL those are, available for, UNDER,..$50. per Pound !
NO fudgin' Overpriced,.. H-4350 for, Me !!!
I found another jug at another place for 49.00. I bought it and 2 jugs of IMR 4831 for 49.00 He had more and am thinking of just buying a few more. Hes going out of business and told me that all powder is going up tremendously

We've been through the peaks and valleys of this since 08'. It seems the difference now is lack of components…well, maybe we don't see some stuff ever again kind of lack of components. We also have wars we're supporting without any of our troops on the ground and there's major shortages?

IDK, but I keep thinking WW3 is coming soon. They always start in Europe and my gut tells me Ukraine is battle one of the greater war coming.

Something doesn't smell right to me.
If our gov can't executive order or legislate out gun ownership they will work at it from any angle they can. Make components scarce for the ammunition mfgs. and those that reload and eventually (the one worlders and leftists never give up on disarming us) they'll have us with firearms and nothing to shoot in them. I said eventually. I'll never see it as I am old, but they will never give up. Evil is always there trying to take away or God given rights.

Oh no, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.
You know that the powder makers and retailers don't set the prices, right?

We do. If we subscribe to this or any other "rush out and buy" statement, sure they will raise prices, but they only go up when we buy something at the higher price. If we don't buy, prices come down, even to where makers and retailers lose some money on sales! When we start losing venders, we will know we've held out too long!
Yeah, this constant "better buy everything you can regardless of need" mentality is what caused the last big price bump in 2020. The shooting community is the single most paranoid and delusional group I've ever been a part of.

With good reason! 🤬 memtb
I respect your opinion, I truly do, you are very intelligent in all of your posts and replies, so im not trying to start an argument in any way. I've just seen this happen too many times to buy it this time around. It's always some scare or another, be it political, COVID, war, etc. The only thing that ever causes an actual shortage or price gouging is hoarding, for which this thread is actively promoting.

My LGS and Scheels have more reloading components in stock currently than literally ever in history. They can sit on it until prices go down IMO, especially after this manufactured crisis from a single company. I won't allow them to scare me into giving them even more money just as stocks and prices finally start to improve.

My assessment: companies got REALLY used to making double, triple or more profit on the same products and are now afraid of deflated prices forcing them to compete again, so this BS was started to spook people into opening their wallets.

I'm told should our country be invaded by hostiles, there are a bunch of long range shooters in the Eastern part of our country that can and will return fire. My friend shoots against them every year and he said a lot of the enemy will never make it west of the Mississippi!!!
We are ready and loaded for bear

I respect your opinion, I truly do, you are very intelligent in all of your posts and replies, so im not trying to start an argument in any way. I've just seen this happen too many times to buy it this time around. It's always some scare or another, be it political, COVID, war, etc. The only thing that ever causes an actual shortage or price gouging is hoarding, for which this thread is actively promoting.

My LGS and Scheels have more reloading components in stock currently than literally ever in history. They can sit on it until prices go down IMO, especially after this manufactured crisis from a single company. I won't allow them to scare me into giving them even more money just as stocks and prices finally start to improve.

My assessment: companies got REALLY used to making double, triple or more profit on the same products and are now afraid of deflated prices forcing them to compete again, so this BS was started to spook people into opening their wallets.

Thank You for the kind words…..deserving or not!

And, I do respect your opinion as well

I think that it's a combination of all things combined. Yes, if we panic buy and continue to empty the shelves….many if not most will price to what the buying public will tolerate.

The world as we once new it has changed dramatically……not for the better. Covid, Thank You China, big pharma, and all of those in the pockets of big pharma for placing us into this.

Covid alone…… affected everything worldwide, utilities, fuels, government overreach, manufacturing (due to some previously mentioned things). We are and will continue to reap the rewards of Covid.

For some of us, there's no panic buying because as a "doomsdayer", I've been preparing for this most of my life. But, I'd like to have a few more items that I see myself short of. Some may call us hoarders…..some of us fervently believe that these component/ammunition will perhaps be required to take back our Republic!

For many of us, shooting is our only hobby or religion. We, or those people burn more components that the majo of us will can ever imagine. Those are the folks most affected, their expenses have increased exponentially ……and it hurts most of them deeply.

Another issue is the consumption of shooting materials by the multiple and ever increasing conflicts around the world.

Also, among some of the younger generations, the idea of going out and shooting…..involves semi-auto firearms, and seem to think that "burning" hundreds if not thousands of rounds in a day of shooting provides them with some "badge of honor"!

What we are experiencing is a culmination of many different issues! None of which we appear to have any control. JMO. memtb

Status
Not open for further replies.