Lost My Ammo, Had To Buy Some at Local Store

I see and hear this comment about forgetting ammo all the time. Just saw it on another, what cartridge to build thread. In 55 years of hunting this has NEVER happened to me, or to anyone I know. Even on fly in hunts I have never lost my ammo, though I do pack ammo into three different spots in case some luggage gets lost. How many of you have personally had to buy ammo at a local store because you forgot or lost your hand loads?
Sorry, nope.

Since I'm a shooter first, a gun whore second, and a hunter a distant third, the normal problem for me is sitting in the cabin/truck trying to decide what to shoot and rooting through the massive pile of ammo I bought for all of them.

That's how I ended up with an 18# 26"+11" suppressed rifle in a one-man deer blind, Bambi was probably wondering *** the stick waving around in the air was right up until the lights went out.

Also how I got a kill with a 380 Auto, had never shot it other than a range and wanted to see what the little Hornady critical defense rounds do. South Texas in the dark seems like a smart time for that right?
Hunter 3rd...?

Come to thing about it. I missed place a box of 20 on a Africa trip. I had another box so it didn't matter. The funny part of that was I was shooting a 308 N. Mag. The case show 300 W Mag stamping on the base. I don't know if somebody was thinking they wanted some of my reloads. They say 300 Win Mag on the cases. They might shot in the 300 Win Mag chamber, but the case is shorter and especially to the shoulder.

1. Left ammo at home once or twice.
2. Brought wrong caliber ammo with me once or twice.
3. Left everything at home once or twice

Note: "once or twice" can be interpreted as a number of times, but too embarrassed to admit.

So, you see experience comes with age. Maybe I should try some of that memory stuff….Prevagen. Lol.

This list does not include the mishaps with archery either. So you can imagine how that is too.

Good day!

Not ammo, but food! The night before a wilderness backpacking hunt, I unpacked my backpack one last time to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. After a hellish nine mile climb the next day, I was starving and got into my pack to retrieve some food only to discover my food bag was missing. Luckily, I hunted the same area the year before and stashed four Top Ramens in an old dead tree. Thank God they were still there!! With the four packs of noodles and forging throughout the day, I made it four days before calling it quits. Found my food bag under my reloading bench when I got home. Dumb!!

Not ammo, but food! The night before a wilderness backpacking hunt, I unpacked my backpack one last time to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. After a hellish nine mile climb the next day, I was starving and got into my pack to retrieve some food only to discover my food bag was missing. Luckily, I hunted the same area the year before and stashed four Top Ramens in an old dead tree. Thank God they were still there!! With the four packs of noodles and forging throughout the day, I made it four days before calling it quits. Found my food bag under my reloading bench when I got home. Dumb!!
I have a really bad memory and I worry about stuff so what I do when packing a bag is as I put stuff in I write down what I put in to keep from doing exactly this!!!!
Just my 2 cents

1. Left ammo at home once or twice.
2. Brought wrong caliber ammo with me once or twice.
3. Left everything at home once or twice

Note: "once or twice" can be interpreted as a number of times, but too embarrassed to admit.

So, you see experience comes with age. Maybe I should try some of that memory stuff….Prevagen. Lol.

This list does not include the mishaps with archery either. So you can imagine how that is too.

Good day!
You are pictured with a vey nice bull. So you couldn't forgotten everything. :)

Come to thing about it. I missed place a box of 20 on a Africa trip. I had another box so it didn't matter. The funny part of that was I was shooting a 308 N. Mag. The case show 300 W Mag stamping on the base. I don't know if somebody was thinking they wanted some of my reloads. They say 300 Win Mag on the cases. They might shot in the 300 Win Mag chamber, but the case is shorter and especially to the shoulder.
That may have been customs. From what I remember ammunition has to be an exact match to the gun declared on the permit.