Lost My Ammo, Had To Buy Some at Local Store

yep,
We went to the range and I forgot our ammo

We went fishing, and I for our fishing poles

We went camping, and I forgot our sleeping bags

I fly jets, I don't have to remember the trivial s---!
I had to log on just for this post. Forgot: ammo; fishing poles; sleeping bags.

Do you check fuels levels before takeoff? 🤣

Just last year I headed out very early for a day hunt into a wilderness trailhead, had a perfect glassing spot already picked out. I got about 1 hr drive from home and realized I forgot my bino's and bino case, my wind meter was in the case and I turned my butt around and got there late. I feel very lost without my swaro's. I also had my G7 BR2 rangefinder fall out of my pickup on a range day. I almost had a complete freakout, luckily I drove back to the range and they were there on the side of the road. My friend with me that day told me to tie the rangefinder to my private parts so I never loose them again. I will never forget that. cheers, Jason

It was so long ago I don't remember if I brought the wrong ammunition or the wrong rifle.🥺
LOL, well I do have to admit that not too long ago I brought the 270 to hunt with but also brought 30-06 ammo to shoot out of it. Definitely a Blonde moment. :rolleyes: Fortunately one of my friends also shoots a 270. Borrowed 4 rounds, 1 for the chamber, 3 for the magazine and only used one. Had another tag to fill so that night I went into town and bought a box of Federal Premium 130 gr at Farm & Fleet.

Many years ago I drove from Ca. to Ut. For a deer hunt. Left my tag on dresser at home. Got a duplicate for $5.00 at a gas station. A buddy I used to hunt with a lot always forgot stuff. 🙄It was because he always waited to last day to get his gear ready. I got in the habit of bringing 2 of a lot of things because of him. He's forgot his binos, boots, rangefinder, ammo, food, etc.. He was lucky we both wore size 12 and shot same caliber. To this day when I hunt out of state I take 2 rifles, 2 pairs of Binos, 3 pairs of boots, 4 knives, lots of ammo, etc. and always way to many clothes and too much food. 😁

I see and hear this comment about forgetting ammo all the time. Just saw it on another, what cartridge to build thread. In 55 years of hunting this has NEVER happened to me, or to anyone I know. Even on fly in hunts I have never lost my ammo, though I do pack ammo into three different spots in case some luggage gets lost. How many of you have personally had to buy ammo at a local store because you forgot or lost your hand loads?
I went hunting with a guy who spend a couple of weeks getting his 4X4 pickup ready for hunting season, then forgot his rifle laying on his bed at home. Everybody thought it was hilarious except him.

Since I'm a shooter first, a gun whore second, and a hunter a distant third, the normal problem for me is sitting in the cabin/truck trying to decide what to shoot and rooting through the massive pile of ammo I bought for all of them.

That's how I ended up with an 18# 26"+11" suppressed rifle in a one-man deer blind, Bambi was probably wondering *** the stick waving around in the air was right up until the lights went out.

Also how I got a kill with a 380 Auto, had never shot it other than a range and wanted to see what the little Hornady critical defense rounds do. South Texas in the dark seems like a smart time for that right?